• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Innova Champ Valkyrie

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Yesterday, I lost my Champion Valkyrie.. I lost it at hole #1 at Elm Creek Park Reserve. It slipped out of my hands and flew too far to the right into the tall grass, I searched for 30min with no luck. This was the first disc I've hit 400' with (3 times).. The max was 450'. This was my first actual disc, my first real driver. I owned it for over a year. It was my favorite disc ever and I had planned on retiring it. :( Kinnell gave it to me, here in minnesota. I put my name on it which may look like I found it and kept it. That disc was different then any other valk I have thrown and I loved it. If anybody has any information, I want this disc back so badly. Until then.. Disc Golf got a lot different, not sure if it's for the better.

There will be others you'll fall in love with. Pretty soon, you'll look at this old Valk and see what an unattractive cow she was. lol

If you want, I've got a light blue 165 champ I'd be willing to part with, sale or trade. Probably 8.5/10 and molded up normally. I'm sticking with star for Valks but have been using other drivers instead lately.

I did the same thing with a TeeDevil there last Saturday. I thought I knew where it landed (or whit the top of the grass at least) and looked for about 20 minutes...bright pink! How do I lose that?

Hit me up if you ever want to go throw...I play Bassett and Plymouth Creek regularly.

There will be others you'll fall in love with. Pretty soon, you'll look at this old Valk and see what an unattractive cow she was. lol

If you want, I've got a light blue 165 champ I'd be willing to part with, sale or trade. Probably 8.5/10 and molded up normally. I'm sticking with star for Valks but have been using other drivers instead lately.

I may be interested in that. Just sucks because it was my baby. That Valk was my favorite, by far.

I did the same thing with a TeeDevil there last Saturday. I thought I knew where it landed (or whit the top of the grass at least) and looked for about 20 minutes...bright pink! How do I lose that?

Hit me up if you ever want to go throw...I play Bassett and Plymouth Creek regularly.

I may do that. I'll friend request you. Tall grass has become my most hated thing on the courses lol.

Hippies=novelty act of the 60's, out of place in the 21st century

I lost my Valkyrie for about a month but a kind soul returned it to me.
Keep the faith, you never know what might happen.

This is the truth. I lost my champ valk for close to five months in a pond at Idlewild. Another kind soul fished it out and returned it to me. As long as you don't lose it where a lot of casual players play you have a decent chance of possibly getting a phone call.

Sorry to hear this. I lost a disc in that garbage last year. Ironically, I found a Champion Valkyrie earlier this year on hole 18 at Elm Creek. It's in my Sale Thread if your interested. 2 Calls to the number on the disc received no response.

At least it should be fairly easy to replace. I just lost my baby, a gummy Gateway Illusion, and I haven't thrown any forehand since then. It was the only thing I could throw straight and 300+ FH, and I've tried to replace it with other Illusions that just don't cut it.

Yes, I am hoping.

This is the truth. I lost my champ valk for close to five months in a pond at Idlewild. Another kind soul fished it out and returned it to me. As long as you don't lose it where a lot of casual players play you have a decent chance of possibly getting a phone call.

It's a paid course. That should help my chances, I've lost 4, 5 now, but never gotten a phone call.

Sorry to hear this. I lost a disc in that garbage last year. Ironically, I found a Champion Valkyrie earlier this year on hole 18 at Elm Creek. It's in my Sale Thread if your interested. 2 Calls to the number on the disc received no response.

I'll look it up.

Yesterday, I lost my Champion Valkyrie.. I lost it at hole #1 at Elm Creek Park Reserve. It slipped out of my hands and flew too far to the right into the tall grass, I searched for 30min with no luck. This was the first disc I've hit 400' with (3 times).. The max was 450'. This was my first actual disc, my first real driver. I owned it for over a year. It was my favorite disc ever and I had planned on retiring it. :( Kinnell gave it to me, here in minnesota. I put my name on it which may look like I found it and kept it. That disc was different then any other valk I have thrown and I loved it. If anybody has any information, I want this disc back so badly. Until then.. Disc Golf got a lot different, not sure if it's for the better.

Oh my fellow Minnesotan, don't fall too in love with a specific disc man. I had this happen to a medium wizard that I got 3 aces with, I thought I had it in my bag but it must of fallen out at Bryant Lake between hole 18 and hole 1 and was never returned to me. Great disc but I realized after that was lost that I need to make sure to have at least 3 or more of my favorite discs and beat them all in, in case I lose them so then I am fine and my game goes on without issues. I used to fuss over losing discs but you have to realize things when throwing something you love, if it turns over could it be gone forever? Hole #1 at Elm Creek is 375 ft but plays more like 250 and is a midrange shot or at least use a overstable driver that won't flip such as a Valkyrie will. Baiscally poor disc selection because it gets windy at Elm Creek and discs that are not overstable like a Valkyrie will turnover at times. Lesson learned though, I had to do it the hardway myself. You will find another mold you love soon enough and then find another love, then another and so on.

Hippies=novelty act of the 60's, out of place in the 21st century

god i hate hippies....damn hippies, probably ran off with that valk too! lol

We just played here this morning for the first time and my buddy lost his Star Beast on hole 1. It's located somewhere in the tall grass to the left of 1 and at the end of 7. He tossed a forehand shot down there that got away from him. 20 minutes searching but no luck.

Oh my fellow Minnesotan, don't fall too in love with a specific disc man. I had this happen to a medium wizard that I got 3 aces with, I thought I had it in my bag but it must of fallen out at Bryant Lake between hole 18 and hole 1 and was never returned to me. Great disc but I realized after that was lost that I need to make sure to have at least 3 or more of my favorite discs and beat them all in, in case I lose them so then I am fine and my game goes on without issues. I used to fuss over losing discs but you have to realize things when throwing something you love, if it turns over could it be gone forever? Hole #1 at Elm Creek is 375 ft but plays more like 250 and is a midrange shot or at least use a overstable driver that won't flip such as a Valkyrie will. Baiscally poor disc selection because it gets windy at Elm Creek and discs that are not overstable like a Valkyrie will turnover at times. Lesson learned though, I had to do it the hardway myself. You will find another mold you love soon enough and then find another love, then another and so on.

Poor disc selection? Maybe.. But the valk flew dead straight and quite frankly I just love watching it after I throw it off a hill.. So was it my fault? Yes. But still. You can understand how it does suck.

We just played here this morning for the first time and my buddy lost his Star Beast on hole 1. It's located somewhere in the tall grass to the left of 1 and at the end of 7. He tossed a forehand shot down there that got away from him. 20 minutes searching but no luck.

At Elm Creek? If I go there again and find it.. I'll make sure to return it to you, I realize how much it hurts.