• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost my favorite disc (MRV)!

jedimason

Hey guys,

I lost my elite mrv this past weekend that I won several year ago. I've been out of the loop on new discs besides getting the new longest driver every 6 months or so. Just wanted to know what a good replacement would be for my MRV. I bought a Championship Classic Roc this past weekend, and while I like how straight it flies it doesn't go quite far enough, about 250 feet max without really throwing my arm out. My old MRV I would throw on every hole inside about 315 ft. Thanks for the help.

Also, side note, driving from Dallas to Alabama this next weekend. Anybody got any recommendations on the best disc golf courses on the way?

-jonny

if you've been using one for years, I'd go find a few more and stash 'em. That could last you for another 10-15 years at your rate.

They still have Z's around, maybe some X's (elite) at places like marshall street. I don't think it'd be too hard to find some to replace it. Then you wouldn't have to worry about what the disc will do...

I think the wasp replaced it in the lineup. The buzz is a less stable retool of the wasp.

jedimason said:
Hey guys,

I lost my elite mrv this past weekend that I won several year ago. I've been out of the loop on new discs besides getting the new longest driver every 6 months or so. Just wanted to know what a good replacement would be for my MRV. I bought a Championship Classic Roc this past weekend, and while I like how straight it flies it doesn't go quite far enough, about 250 feet max without really throwing my arm out. My old MRV I would throw on every hole inside about 315 ft. Thanks for the help.

Also, side note, driving from Dallas to Alabama this next weekend. Anybody got any recommendations on the best disc golf courses on the way?

-jonny

What weight was your MRV?

black udder said:
if you've been using one for years, I'd go find a few more and stash 'em. That could last you for another 10-15 years at your rate.

Don't tell him that! I need to stockpile all the MRVs! :lol:

You should still be able to get X and Z ones at GGGT, as well as a lot of other places.

For what it's worth, the Wasp is pretty similar, but not quite as versatile in my experience...

The Buzzz isn't remotely like the MRV. It's more like the Storm. The MRV is comparable for the most part with the Roc and the Wasp...

I played with Discraft pro in a pro/am doubles this past weekend and he was using a Torque which he said was supposed to be the replacement for the MRV. Unfortunately, it's another OOP disc, but maybe it's easier to find since it was made more recently?

MRV's aren't really hard to find, a lot of online stores have them, and I've seen them locally in stores and the hands of players quite frequently.

That may change in a year or two, but for now you should stock up if you like them.

Latest posts