• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lost my temper yesterday

simpletwist

* Ace Member *
It was a beautiful morning at Emery. Cool temps, light winds and my best friend to play a round with. First basket is 934ft par 5 down a winding ski slope. All but the last 150 ft is a tight, tree lined, winding slope. First shot (LHFH) I had a slight grip lock and my Groove went a bit high and too close to the right side of the fairway that takes it's first turn to the left. I got some decent distance before I hit some branches. Good kick left and I wound up just off the fairway to the left. Hmmm... Distance was good but my footing wasn't. Another LHFH flick, with of all things, my Flick. All I needed was some decent distance and a low shot and I'd be set up for a long blast to the bottom of the hill and open air. Good speed, but a little lower trajectory than I was looking for. No worries it hit some loose soil and leaves skips up carries well before it fades left. :cool: Looks like I'm set up for a possible birdie.

So as my best friend, Angie is getting ready with her 4th shot and it happens. THWACK! A disc hits the trees slightly behind us and hard. :eek: Then shortly thereafter another disc hits a tree near us. Once I looked back and saw where the 2 guys behind us were going I realized they didn't throw as close to us as it sounded. No anger at this point, it is understandable tough to see folks around some of the blind spots on this fairway. (Important operative word - FAIRWAY) Then it happens thes same to guys throw again. We were clearly in their sight. :mad: Again this disc falls harmlessly short. But do they even acknowledge our presence? Nope. So I'm staring up the hill back at them looking for some sort of apology, even a lame "sorry, dude." Or even do you mind if we play through. Nothing they were casually and purposefully walking towards their discs. It was obvious that they were throwing down at us as though we weren't even there.

Well that was it... cuckoo, cuckoo I'm old, and I've been rode too hard once too often. I'm not in the best physical shape particularly if your talking physical confrontation. But I let go with some choice and heated words. The adrenalin was pumping. Fortunately the 2 a-holes stopped in their tracks and didn't say a word. I was furious and ready and willing to go to fist city. I was that pissed.

It's one thing to throw down a blind fairway on someone. Ooops didn't see you there. But it's clearly another when the people being thrown at are in clear view ON THE FAIRWAY! And not only that but these freeking idiots are getting ready to keep throwing. Did there mothers have any kids that lived? These two bring creedence to the motto "Stupid people shouldn't breed." We always let faster players play thru and we've always had slower players let us play thru. And the worst of it all is that these two ignorant jerks did not even acknowledge our presence other than to stop once I shouted out menacing words. No apologies, not even words of anger tossed back my way.

Needless to say that hole went down, down hill from there. From a p[ossible birdie to a 10. Yep that's right a TEN!!! :mad:

We took a break. I had a cup off coffee and altered my consciousness a bit and let the retard twins play through.

The rest of the day went perfectly.

I just needed to vent, thanks for listening.

My first contention with your story is that this was a par 5....as we all know, every hole in disc golf is a par 3. Based on this unacceptable pretense, I'm not sure that I can trust the rest of your story:)
Hypothetically speaking though, if I wasn't questioning your honesty, I would say that you were totally within your right and there's nothing worse than someone throwing on you twice in a row after they know you are there and not even acknowledging it. Though we all get competetive, sometimes we just need to be patient and wait...if you're not patient enough to wait an extra minute or 2 to take your shot, then you def don't have the mental faculties to catch up those 2 strokes you are down to the buddy you are playing with:)

Should have walked up and done this to their bag:

kickingbagavatar.jpg

If someone throws in on me more than once, I politely inform them that the next one will result in me firing back my entire bag at them.

midnight, you sure are having a hard time staying away!

I am trying. Getting off this site is like trying to get off of Crack. Plus the wife has the TV tied up with Lifetime again. I am taking out the motorcycle in 15 minutes. I took it to work yesterday , and it was great.

My first contention with your story is that this was a par 5....as we all know, every hole in disc golf is a par 3. Based on this unacceptable pretense, I'm not sure that I can trust the rest of your story:)
Hypothetically speaking though, if I wasn't questioning your honesty, I would say that you were totally within your right and there's nothing worse than someone throwing on you twice in a row after they know you are there and not even acknowledging it. Though we all get competetive, sometimes we just need to be patient and wait...if you're not patient enough to wait an extra minute or 2 to take your shot, then you def don't have the mental faculties to catch up those 2 strokes you are down to the buddy you are playing with:)

:p As a long time ball golfer, I must disagree with this silly "all par 3" mentality. Tiger Woods, et all, can hit a ball 300 yards, but even a 600 yard hole is NOT a par 3. :D And I'd love to play with anyone who can get a 3 on this hole. I might learn a thing or 2. I play the pars as listed on the course. But that is the subject of other threads.

This is the only course in our area that you don't play par 3s. No matter who you are. You can play it that way if you want to kid yourself.

Simple twist... did it ever occur to you, that it may be you who was the real a-hole during this whole debacle? These people obviously weren't league or tournament players. I'm guessing they probably were newbs. Did they have a bag?

People like this need guidance whatever the situation. You probably would have had a much better time if you approached them nicely and explained some course etiquette, rather than going on a tirade. You may have even made some new friends and really helped some newcomers to understand how this sport operates.

Don't worry about the 10 on hole 1. I've seen much worse. I got a 7 last time I played it and I didn't have the kind of stress you brought down on yourself.

Did they deserve it? probably. Was it really necassary? probably not given their reactions. Do I like asking questions that I will then answer? yes, yes I do.

But I really can't blame you for losing your temper. I just got into the my first fight ever a few weeks ago becasue some hot head was mouthing off to my equally hot headed little brother until the guy went a little too far and mr tough guy found out why you just shouldn't say some things (definatly NOT site appropriate) when he has his 3 older brothers standing behind him. oops. we live and learn.

Had similar happen to me last time I was out with some teenagers. I kept my cool but my DG buddy could see my face turning red apparently and got me out of the way as we watched the idiots play through.

couldnt help but think the whole time though, what it would be like to get 10 ft away and tomahawk it right into their forehead. Looking back I now realise that was the wrong attitude and that a disc straight up and down like a Tommy would be more suited up there ass. Or maybe it would have been better to keep it sideways and just cram it up there? Of course, not with one of MY discs, though.

Minors shouldn't be allowed on courses without their parents:)

No doubt I was a dick. But by design. I am one of the mellowest, most fun loving people you are ever likely to meet. An old hippy. But sometimes I just snap. So yes I was as big an a-hole as those others. Noobs? Probably. But you don't have to be new to anything to determine if you are being disrespectful or perhaps endagering others do you? Does it take a 10 year pro to realize that throwing something at people with their backs to you is inherently wrong?

But Like I said in my first post, I was venting.

Emery can take a birdie to a double bouge with a quickness, but I have been frustrated enough to add a few strokes on a hole.

As far as midnight biker staying away, aint gonna happen. He tried to quit once before, but the lure of DGCR brought him back.

if your average is less than 100ft per throw on a hole , maybe that course isnt for you and you should go play a pitch and putt or pay more attention to the people behind you.

I am trying. Getting off this site is like trying to get off of Crack. Plus the wife has the TV tied up with Lifetime again. I am taking out the motorcycle in 15 minutes. I took it to work yesterday , and it was great.

You ride motorcycles? :)

Latest posts