• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Love the sport!

pickupman92

Bogey Member
Hey everyone,
I jumped on here to start buying discs and make a DIY bag, so I guess I'll dive into posting more etc.

I got into the sport a few years ago my playing playstation move, then a couple of friends invited me out since they've done it and I was instantly... like instantly hooked. I used to throw a frisbee a lot when I was a kid and always loved it. I have a bowling background so I know my timing is off because of that too. A little about me, umm 33 years old, 3 dogs, single... so if there are any single ladies out there that like DG, hit me up ;). I live in Orange City FL and my home course is River City Nature Park.

bag: DIY target embark jartop.

Putters:
  • DX aviar (hardly throw)
  • Mercy (2x zerof medium, 1x zero hard)
  • dynamite discs (prodigy Pa2, from what I was told)

Midrange (aka my bread and butter lol):
  • DX Stingray
  • champ F2 shark3
  • champ F2 mako3
  • Test Material Fuse
  • GL Fuse
  • GL Core

Drivers:
  • DX Leopard
  • Champ Leopard
  • GL River
  • GL Trident (my meathook lol)

More "Advanced" Drivers I hardly throw cause I'm new:
  • Star Teebird
  • Champ tie dye starfire
  • Champ tie dye roadrunner
  • blizzard katana
  • champ F2 monarch
  • champ F2 teedevil (very domey, and extremely overstable :doh:)

One of these days I'll get a ROC of some sort. Alright well, I think that's it. Thanks for such a friggin fantastic site and forum, it's really a plethora of information at your fingertips.

Welcome from Upper Michigan!
Looks like you have a great course to call home and a lot of discs to work with.

Yeah I love my home course it's great. I have a love hate relationship with the new 18 holes they added not too long ago, but it's slowly growing on me!

I recommend losing a few molds. Dump the aviar, fuse, core, river, trident. Prolly a few driver molds.

See what overlaps. Star teebird on a hyzer throw will overlap a great deal with over stable at low power.

Of course fun is better so any discs you have fun with is better then a disc you don't. And I have a bias towards innova so a few like the fuse and core I don't even know what they are. But a shark3 is a pretty over stable, a mako3 pretty neutral and stingray under stable so that is a solid mid lineup and te extras don't make sense to me.

Good luck and glad you like chunking discs.

Thanks PWaggoner, I see you like Innova, but I'm pretty neutral so far. I don't have near the power to get a hyzerflip yet, i'm getting there. The fuse is pretty beat up so it flies a lot like my mako3, which I actually lost, but then got back, so the fuse replaced that place in my bag and I just like them both too much to choose sometimes (I know, it's bad). Thanks for the help and info, I'll narrow my bag down before I play my first tournament in November :) (recreational of course)

Hey quick question, I have the stingray in DX, I was thinking about a star stingray, any opinions or you like dx better?

Star stingrays I've thrown are pretty nice. Of course more over stable starting off. But the glide isn't to far off and plastic will break in nicely.

They'll compliment each other well at first (a dx and star). Then the dx will be a roller and your star will fly like a fresh dx.

Good mold.

You'll figure out which one you like better out of the mako3 and fuse I'm sure!

Latest posts