• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

schlenzers ITB

schlenzer

Hey guys,

I am a fairly new player constantly questioning some of my disc choices and luckily financially stable enough to have a small disc buying problem. When one of my friends orders some new/replacement discs I rarely pass up the chance to join in on the order. Overall I bought something like 40 discs of which I already lost some. What I write about are the discs currently have in my Trooper Backpack when I go to play a round. Thanks for your input!

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: I started playing regularly in Summer of 2020, since then I logged 55 rounds on Udisc, most on a 9 hole course I designed together with friends with a mobile basket. Since it got a little warmer I do on average 1-2 sessions of field work or putting practice a week
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Envy: 210/240'; Buzzz: 250/300'; Wraith/destroyer 350/380'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Luckily none until now
Other sport proficiencies?: Bouldering

Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?:
I really like my speed 7 fairway driver setup from most understable Leopard3 to most overstable Champ Teebird. I feel like with this I am basically prepared for every shot up to 300/310' in most wind conditions. I also love the Zone and I would like to replace the Link with maybe an ESP Zone to beat it in to a strighter FH Approach/drive disc.

I am not sure if I should even bag those speed 11/12 drivers. My furthest throws were with the Destroyer and the Wraith but I am not sure if I am delusional about having them when I see people throwing a destroyer for 550' or more and I am using them to get 25 feet more than my speed 9 Lots.

Do you think I bag too many discs for my level of experience?

Feedback needed: When I got my Wraith completely new I actually threw it further than now and it had a nice turn and flex when trown flat (I assume). After using it for 4-5 months it feels fairly understable. If I release it at full power with a little bit of anhyzer it will not flex back at all, sometimes even cut roll after 300 feet or so. On Video my BH throws dont look like they have a ton of OAT and without a strong headwind my speed 9 Lots (9/5/-1/2) will basically always flex back. Is the stability of wraiths so inconsistent or should I look to my form again to check for OAT?

Immediate and long-term goals: I start to play in the range of par on the courses we have here in my region in germany, which I think fulfill mostly the PDGA criteria for white level. I would like to play more consistent on my drives especially and improve a little more on the distance. I feel sometimes a throw just clicks and I smash it much further than the ones I measured but I can not reproduce it. Currently I am focusing on improving my putting and approaches up to 150 feet as I will play in a league on a course that needs a lot of those.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
171 Star Destroyer (mildly used) - max distance when I need the stable finish
171 Star Wraith (beat up) - Flip up FH/BH

172 K1 Lots (mildly used) - main distance driver
171 Champion Thunderbird (relatively new) - basically only max power fh when I need some skip
173 Lucid felon (new) - might replace thunderbird
172 Champ Teebird (mildly used) - standard driver for bh/fh hyzers up to 300' or straight shots in headwind
175 Gstar Teebird (nicely beat in) - standard driver for straight shots with some fade up to 300'
171 Gold River - driver for straight shots up to 330' feet where I dont want to go left
167 Gstar Leopard 3 (beat in) - Turnover shots but I dont use this very often, it is mainly in my bag because it's the only disc left from my starter set

Mids:
175 Z Comet - Glidey straight shots with low ceiling or turnover shots
170 Z Buzzz - longer straight shots up to 280 feet or so
175 Champion Rocx3 - shorter FH Hyzers and Midrange skip shots. I was actually looking for a longer zone but could not find a hornet/wasp in germany so I tried this

Putters:
DX Aviar (slightly beat) - main putter
DX Aviar (beat in) - Straight/Turnover BH Approaches
Exo Soft Link - Straight FH approaches
Z Zone: FH drives up to 230' and FH hyzer approaches with Skip
K1 Soft Berg: FH/BH approaches up to ~130 feet and on inclines
Proton Envy (slightly beat) - BH Driving putter for holes up to 230 feet I mainly drive with this

I appreciate any input on my bag, regarding the my distance driver situation but also to the rest of the bag!
u3WSuN4.png

Last edited:

Latest posts