• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LTC Cleveland's 6th Annual Ace Race / 4th Annual Ace Revenge

jhgonzo

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Here's a copy/paste of my event registration form.

If you have played a prior Ace Race, you may compete for the grand prize here ONLY if you buy a new player pack, and you MUST use the new discs. HOWEVER, if you want to play but don't want another pack, you may enter this event for $10 and will be competing against ONLY other people who have elected this option, and playing for a different grand prize; if enough players choose this method, the prize will be similar to the official Discraft prize (bag full of discs), so spread the word!

EVERYONE is invited to our 6th Annual Discraft Ace Race and 4th Annual Gateway Ace Revenge held on the LTC Cleveland disc golf course! Since 2008, disc golfers of all ages and skill levels have come out to this non-competitive event to have fun, make friends, and HIT SOME ACES! This is a perfect "first event" for any new player, because literally ANYONE can win!

The concept for the Ace Race is simple: Every player receives two (2) brand-new, never-produced prototype Discraft discs (it's a "beginner-friendly distance driver" this year!), and using ONLY these discs, players go through a shortened version of the course (all holes are under 200') and throw one shot per hole with the goal of hitting a hole-in-one (or scoring a "metal hit" for tiebreakers). At the end of two (2) rounds, the person with the most ACES wins! Expect to hear and see a lot of chain-smashing fun!

Following the Ace Race will be our hugely popular Ace Revenge: Every player will receive a Gateway Wizard putter and play the same shortened course, but with a new twist – use your own trusty and seasoned plastic (any two discs) and run at those chains again! Scoring will be similar, but based on a points system, and whoever finishes with the most points wins!

Cost: $25 per player for the Ace Race; $10 with used Ace Race discs (no player pack); $10 for the Ace Revenge if playing in the Race; $15 for Ace Revenge only

Ace Race Player Pack: TWO Discraft discs (in Titanium plastic!), ONE Titanium mini Magnet, TWO reusable scorecards, TWO plastic pint glasses, ONE can koozie, THREE stickers, and ONE pencil with eraser…all for just $25 (the discs alone are worth more than that)!!! And with your $10 Ace Revenge entry fee you get the Gateway Wizard putter on top of all that; your $35 gets you more than double your money in merchandise!

Grand Prizes: The Ace Race winner will receive a Discraft disc golf bag filled with eight (8) discs in a variety of premium plastic. The Ace Revenge winner will take home a SWEET Gateway Titan Portable basket!

Runner-Up Prizes: To Be Announced (registration refund, discs, etc.)

More Information: See the official Ace Race website at www.discgolfacerace.com, or contact event director Jason Sheppard-Hoffmann (see below)

Registration: Mail payment to the address below, or use PayPal ("Friends and Family" option) and send to [email protected] (please include ALL player names!)

Event Director: Jason Sheppard-Hoffmann (jhgonzo), Phone/Text: (920) 540-9737; E-Mail: [email protected]; Address: 1149 West Madison Avenue, Cleveland, WI 53015

Sounds awesome. I can almost guarantee I'll be there! It would be my first Ace Race (or tourney of any kind, for that matter), so I'm pretty stoked!

First 25 pre-registrations will be entered into a special prize drawing (5 received so far)!

Less than 2 weeks left to register! You can still get in on the first 25 early bird prize drawing!

As announced in another thread, expect a new side game this year: Using your player pack Discraft Mini Magnet, you will get one free toss at a mini basket. After everyone has thrown their free shot, additional attempts will be available for $1. After the game ends, the closest shot to the pin will take the pot. If there are ties for CTP or multiple aces, the money will be split (note: after someone aces, they cannot buy further attempts). Who's down?!

My buddy and I are going to get in. I'll contact you soon about it. How many do you have signed up so far?

13, and I know of another 10 or so that should be arriving this week...as is usual, I'll probably get a TON next week plus 6-8 after the deadline!

REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SATURDAY, 9/28!

Don't miss out on your chance to play the "pyramid of baskets" (twice!), a mini CTP contest with cash payout, and three rounds of chain-smashing fun! Sounds like we'll have more women playing than in any of our previous years, too, so bring the wives and girlfriends -- with enough participation from the females, I'll create a separate division in the Ace Revenge and offer a different portable basket as a prize!

Man, you'd think I would learn from previous years how DGers procrastinate, and armed with that knowledge I shouldn't worry so much as the registration deadline nears yet hardly anyone is signed up.

This year, I was sitting at around 20 pre-registered with 2 days left before the deadline...got about 50 registrations in those last 2 days, and even extended the deadline by another 2 days! I was all worried that the turnout was going to be dismal, but once again we've set a new record! Should be around 80 players total, and I think the percentage of folks joining the Ace Revenge is higher than ever (it's typically about half of the Ace Race players, and I've already got more than 50% playing both events)!

Can't wait! This will be my first Ace Race ever. The Ace Revenge is what really tipped me over the edge on signing up.

Here's the "alternate grand prize"...for those who play our event with 2013 AR discs from a prior event, since they can't compete for the official grand prize...$10 entry (only 4 people registered in this "division" so far), or $20 for both events.

996866_10151916671970791_909266533_n.jpg

Question: How early can we show up and choose discs, or is it just chance? First Ace Race (or any tourney, for that matter), so not really sure how discs are dispersed.

I'll be out there pretty early, I'd say check-in should be up and running by 9:00, which gives you an hour to test out the discs and the course! I've gotta see what kind of mix Discraft gives me...I might make everyone take one heavy, one light(er).

Latest posts