• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lucky 8 stamp Roc

Bangingchains

Par Member
I have a lucky 8 stamp dx roc. the disc is yellow and the stamp is read. does anybody know the origin of these discs or if they are worth any money?

If nobody here knows about them, also try the PDGA thread "Collectibles" in the equipment subsection

I remember a Lucky 8 stamp, if you post a picture my memory might improve. :)

This disc would be one stamped for Johnny Sias from the Huntington WV area. He was the 1986 World champ and one of the best putters and nicest guys you will ever meet. He has two courses on his farm the "Lucky 8" and the Crazy 8" and has discs stamped for his courses. I play quite a bit in the area and he designed the courses in Huntington (Rotary Park & Indian Rock) as well as the two Armco Courses (Blue & White) in Ashland KY. He will also be a TD for the AM Worlds in the Columbus Area.

Here's a link to his website.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzephghu/id17.html

I know and have played with Johnny Sias, his wife walked with him every round he played. You're right, one of the nicest people you'll meet and a great putter. His wife is very nice also.

Jay Dub said:
I know and have played with Johnny Sias, his wife walked with him every round he played. You're right, one of the nicest people you'll meet and a great putter. His wife is very nice also.

You guys are all referring to him in the past tense, he didn't pass away did he? I walked with him at usdgc this last year, he rocks and can old man pimp it harder than about anyone.

i met Johnny Sias, blacked my eye and kicked my dog, dunno what you guys are talkin about

Trey133 said:
Jay Dub said:

You guys are all referring to him in the past tense, he didn't pass away did he? I walked with him at usdgc this last year, he rocks and can old man pimp it harder than about anyone.
I did not talk about him in the past tense, is is present tense, we played together a long time ago, I haven't seen him for over 15 years, in that sense it is past.

Thats funny hes going to be around for the am worlds. im from marion ohio the main base for the am worlds. All the courses being played are my stomping grounds lol.

ya as of now johnny is planning on being a td. but ken rollins (guy who designed all the courses for am worlds and made it possible for us to host it) told me the other day that we have a back up td in waiting because adele has been sick or having problems. but for sure johnny and addele are 2 of the best or the 2 best people in the disc golf world.

Latest posts