• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MacBeth to Partner on Gran Canyon Course

ballgolfconvert

Eagle Member
I found out last night. Incredible news. Imagine what can be done there, on a permanent basis.

Yep- awesome news. Asking price seemed a bit ridiculous when I looked it up a few years back. Hopefully they got a deal.

Ive been wanting to throw there for years, but could never make it happen as it was rarely available to play. I hope they can make it happen.

I love me some Dylan Cease!

Didn't know he was a discer!

Awesome news, thought I'd never get a chance to play it, now it's on my wish list for late this year or early 2024.

bring back the old days

Thanks so much, Paul M! Back when it was a full-time course in the early 00s (designed by Gregg Hosfeld I think), it had 27 holes plus mountain biking paths. I was a youngster then LOL, and playing just 18 was a beatdown! Not sure what McBeth and Cease think about mountain biking, but I've seen peaceful coexistence at Tom Brown DGC in Tallahassee and Loyce Harpe (Hidden Oaks) in Lakeland. Played this Tuesday and I'm taking two of my boys up there Sunday (last open play before pro weekend)...super epic and worth the pay-to-play $ (and park LOL).

This is great news, such an epic course that needs to be available year round and should have a great future!!
Prediction of upgrades - permanent tees, clean up the cow paddies :) and a fence up the right side of #14 fairway!

I am very glad to hear this, good on Paul and Dylan.

I had planned a baseball spring training trip that included Gran Canyon. Fly into Tampa, hit Gran Canyon during pre-tournament practice on the way to Orlando, and then pick up Mrs. Mono at West Palm beach for Nationals spring training.

Unfortunately that was planned for 2020. :(

This is great news! Might break into the top 25 when it gets enough reviews. Also heard a rumor that this was MacBeth's favorite course.