• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Machmueller Park

Geoffro

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I don't play this course often, but went over for the first time this summer the other day, and it was closed. All baskets appeared gone and the fairways are grown over.

Maybe I missed a discussion on this, but a search of all threads came up with nothing. The course is now listed here as extinct. Anybody know what happened?

Yes, the course is permanently closed, (obviously), due to neighbor's complaints about loud music and noise late at night and suspected drug use (and sale?). Baskets are being saved for a new course. The tentative location will be Lemon Lake Park, I thought, but when I just googled it, nothing came up. I must be remembering the name wrong.

machmueller closed due to night discing, drinking/trashing the place at night and just general noise complaints from the neighbors. the baskets are going to be installed at yellow banks park. if you're from wausau its right off of camp phillips across from iozzo's restaurant.
the fairways are still being cleared though, lot of work left. i havent been able to get there on the work days to help because of my job. from what i hear the tentative schedule is either late fall or early spring. i think its going to be a sick course.

Sad stuff right there! Hate to see the fun taken away for the good peeps because of some idiots who just can't be respectful or not do/sell drugs. Morons!

Thanks for the info. Yeah it's too bad when a few rotten apples etc etc. That course really had potential. I'll keep track of the Yellow Banks project. Thanks again.

Chuckers. It's chuckers. They are complete morons who crap where they play! Who can be more stupid?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Not too far off . . .I am disappointed I didnt get there before it closed it sounded allright> Hopefully the new one is as good.

Don't know how I got Lemon Lake out of Yellow Banks. :confused:

Latest posts