• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mad City Open Changes

I just wanna say that it was awesome to watch a dude on chase card with me at Token Creek yesterday completely destroy the course. It was the best I've ever seen Token long/blue played in person (besides final 9s with top pros in years past).

He came from tied for 5th and 6 strokes off the lead to win by 1, shooting a 74. And that with 3 4s. He carded a 2 on 10 holes! There's definitely 12 or so 2-able holes, but man, to hit almost all of them was crazy to watch.

I just wanna say that it was awesome to watch a dude on chase card with me at Token Creek yesterday completely destroy the course. It was the best I've ever seen Token long/blue played in person (besides final 9s with top pros in years past).

He came from tied for 5th and 6 strokes off the lead to win by 1, shooting a 74. And that with 3 4s. He carded a 2 on 10 holes! There's definitely 12 or so 2-able holes, but man, to hit almost all of them was crazy to watch.

I got to witness a terribly unfortunate incident.

The lead card started on Hole 3. Apparently, someone thought it wise to have the lead card finish on Hole 2, with the green right behind tournament central. Make it easy for the spectating, perhaps?

Well, when the lead card arrived on the final green, there were zero spectators watching.

However, being that close to TC, with cold beer on tap, and the Packers and Vikings on a big screen TV, did allow for one loud "WHOOP", right in the middle of Eddie's 25 foot par putt . That putt was for a tie for the lead...

After watching those guys play their hearts out in a grueling 27 hole duel, it just felt wrong for it to end that way. And made me think that this doesn't happen if they start on 1, and end on 27.

Things do sound exciting for 2019. There's simply no where else for the MCO to go from here but up, IMO

I
After watching those guys play their hearts out in a grueling 27 hole duel, it just felt wrong for it to end that way. And made me think that this doesn't happen if they start on 1, and end on 27.

Things do sound exciting for 2019. There's simply no where else for the MCO to go from here but up, IMO

It wouldn't have been as loud, but we were hearing the game cheers all way over on 8-10.

Showing the game was probably not the best idea until all cards were in.

Also, I hit the elusive ace-but-wasn't-in-the-ace-pool ace.

They tried to give me the $35, but I said I never paid into the pool. They were like "Oh, we never checked that. Whoops." I know at least one other person who hit one was not in, and apparently took the money. It felt wrong so I declined it, and they gave me a disc as a consolation prize.

So unorganized.

Looks like things are turning around this year, some pretty big names are signed up:

Ricky Wysocki
GG
Matt Bell
Barry Schultz
Jessica Weese

I suspect registration will really pick up now that Ricky is registered.

Looks like things are turning around this year, some pretty big names are signed up:

Ricky Wysocki
GG
Matt Bell
Barry Schultz
Jessica Weese

I suspect registration will really pick up now that Ricky is registered.

Is Ricky still playing? He was supposed to make an appearance at Glide, but that was cancelled...so I'd suspect he won't be here for the tourney.

Is Ricky still playing? He was supposed to make an appearance at Glide, but that was cancelled...so I'd suspect he won't be here for the tourney.

I don't know when he canceled his appearance but he just signed up for the tournament yesterday so I expect he will be playing. Hopefully more touring pros will sign up now as well.

I don't know when he canceled his appearance but he just signed up for the tournament yesterday so I expect he will be playing. Hopefully more touring pros will sign up now as well.

Ricky canceled something we had set up for last month. However, he is planning on the playing in the Mad City Open and we just rescheduled an appearance at our shop followed by a free clinic across the street at Hiestand Park.

That's great news Mike, did Ricky indicate whether any other touring Pros are considering playing in the tournament? (Other than those already signed up)

That's great news Mike, did Ricky indicate whether any other touring Pros are considering playing in the tournament? (Other than those already signed up)

No, but I didn't ask. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more notable names registered as touring pros look for A Tiers between NTs, Pro Tour Events and Majors.

Ricky canceled something we had set up for last month. However, he is planning on the playing in the Mad City Open and we just rescheduled an appearance at our shop followed by a free clinic across the street at Hiestand Park.

That's good news!

Speaking of touring pros in the area, Silver Cup starts today. I was thinking about going live on instagram for a few holes if anybody's interested. I was thinking GG on hole 3 at Rollin Ridge would be fun to see. Heimburg, AB, Schultz, Risley, or Cale may also be interesting.

Speaking of touring pros in the area, Silver Cup starts today. I was thinking about going live on instagram for a few holes if anybody's interested. I was thinking GG on hole 3 at Rollin Ridge would be fun to see. Heimburg, AB, Schultz, Risley, or Cale may also be interesting.

McCray is hiding out in masters.

Anybody know how many aces were hit at the MCO and what the payouts were? Weese's is the only one I heard about.

Latest posts