• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mad City Open Scoring?

In 2014 Keith and Cale went to a playoff after playing all 27 holes at Token Creek. The playoff started at hole 3, and ended on hole 10. It was very dramatic, and it didn't seem like the spectating was that rough (from the video, at least; link below--skip ahead to last 34 minutes of Smashboxx coverage). Having the final nine on, say, holes 2-10 would show those watching on YouTube the best holes at the course (in my opinion), and allow for spectators to watch some interesting golf. My two cents, not that they matter...

http://www.madcityopen.org/results/

I was going to mention that but it was a playoff not a final 9. Starting at hole 3 was a little lame considering that Keith is a lefty and 3 and 4 are total lefty holes (though the hole he finally won it on was not a lefty hole). It made no sense to skip hole 6. It was very exciting that's for sure.

That was the first tourney for me and my (then) 10-year old son and it was a blast. He's in that vid a bunch of times it was fun to watch again. Thanks for posting it.

We started the 27-hole rounds on #3 that year because the players would start and end right next to the shelter we were using as HQ. Doesn't mean the playoff had to start there, but it was a logical choice.