• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mainly solo player in Milwaukee trying to expand circle

I dove head-first into disc golf at the start of this summer after a ~ ten-year hiatus (I played casually in high-school, wasn't really trying to improve). I play about 5-10 rounds a week and normally play solo rounds. I do occasionally go with friends, but all of the friends I go with are more casual, social players and it's usually more about just having a good time and drinking some beer.

I have a lot of fun going w/my friends, but I would love to also play more often with people that are "disc-golfers". I guess what I am trying to say - anybody on here live in MKE and want to get a round in sometime?

Are you on Facebook? That's the place to go for random meet ups. People are regularly posting time and place at local courses for anyone to join. Just join a few of the groups, which a search for Milwaukee disc golf should get you to.

Leagues and tournaments are fantastic ways to meet new players, and immerse yourself in a more competitive environment.

I've played league a few times, but didn't really start till the end of the season. I'm looking to play a few tournaments in the area in October, so hopefully that will help. I'll have to try digging a little deeper into facebook. Thanks for the suggestions!

I have a crazy work schedule but I'd be down to play a round or two on my off days. I play 3-5 rounds a week. Like you, most of my friends just play for fun. None of them participate in tournaments, I do. Whats your home course? I play Dretzka the most. Recently though I've been playing at Brown Deer to practice for an upcoming tournament there next month. I'm an Intermediate player, but I throw pretty far backhand. If I improve my putting I'll move up to Advanced. I recommend joining the "Milwaukee Area Disc Golfers" group on Facebook. It's a great way to meet up with disc golfers in our area.

I have a crazy work schedule but I'd be down to play a round or two on my off days. I play 3-5 rounds a week. Like you, most of my friends just play for fun. None of them participate in tournaments, I do. Whats your home course? I play Dretzka the most. Recently though I've been playing at Brown Deer to practice for an upcoming tournament there next month. I'm an Intermediate player, but I throw pretty far backhand. If I improve my putting I'll move up to Advanced. I recommend joining the "Milwaukee Area Disc Golfers" group on Facebook. It's a great way to meet up with disc golfers in our area.

Thanks for the tip on the Facebook group. I'm in grad school full-time, so I've basically been spending all of my free time trying to improve my game. Brown Deer is my home course, as is Estabrook before 2pm or on league nights. I also play Dretzka every couple of weeks, with hopes to play there more often over the winter.

Although I have yet to play in a tournament, I'm planning to play in the one at Brown Deer as well. I'm also thinking about playing in the 3-format tourny at Dretzka the day before. Just waiting on that October rollover before I get my #...

I play at Brown Deer 3-5 days a week, so let me know if you want to get some more practice rounds in before the tournament. I'll PM you my phone #.

Thanks for the tip on the Facebook group. I'm in grad school full-time, so I've basically been spending all of my free time trying to improve my game. Brown Deer is my home course, as is Estabrook before 2pm or on league nights. I also play Dretzka every couple of weeks, with hopes to play there more often over the winter.

Although I have yet to play in a tournament, I'm planning to play in the one at Brown Deer as well. I'm also thinking about playing in the 3-format tourny at Dretzka the day before. Just waiting on that October rollover before I get my #...

I play at Brown Deer 3-5 days a week, so let me know if you want to get some more practice rounds in before the tournament. I'll PM you my phone #.
I will be getting some more practice in at Brown Deer. Next Saturday &/or Sunday for sure. I wasn't aware of a tourney at Dretzka the day before the Brown Deer tournament. Is it sanctioned? What division are you playing for the Brown Deer tournament? PM me your number for sure. Do you play in any leagues?

I will be getting some more practice in at Brown Deer. Next Saturday &/or Sunday for sure. I wasn't aware of a tourney at Dretzka the day before the Brown Deer tournament. Is it sanctioned? What division are you playing for the Brown Deer tournament? PM me your number for sure. Do you play in any leagues?

Pretty sure it's unsanctioned. It looks like there will be an MSOE "re-engineering" of a few holes. Sounds like it could be fun!

Tournament link

Facebook link

I played in the summer league at Estabrook. I'm planning on playing in the recreational division for Brown Deer. I figure it's a good place to start for my first or second tournament.

I'll be busy on Saturday, but I can most likely get a round or two in on Sunday, depending on what time. Don't know if you're a Packer fan or not, but game doesn't start till 7:30!

Let me know if you got my PM. Not sure if it sent or not.

Pretty sure it's unsanctioned. It looks like there will be an MSOE "re-engineering" of a few holes. Sounds like it could be fun!

Tournament link

Facebook link

I played in the summer league at Estabrook. I'm planning on playing in the recreational division for Brown Deer. I figure it's a good place to start for my first or second tournament.

I'll be busy on Saturday, but I can most likely get a round or two in on Sunday, depending on what time. Don't know if you're a Packer fan or not, but game doesn't start till 7:30!

Edit: It's actually the bye week, even better!

Honestly, the esaiest way to meet a lot of us is to just play leagues. Dretzka and Estabrook leagues are the way to go for meeting people.

Honestly, the esaiest way to meet a lot of us is to just play leagues. Dretzka and Estabrook leagues are the way to go for meeting people.

I totally agree, I just didn't find out about the leagues till it was too late in the summer, so I was only able to get a couple weeks in at Estabrook. I'm definitely planning on joining more leagues next year. In the meantime, I'm going to try my hand in a few tournaments.