• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Major Presentation this week

The presentation went great.

Several of the people in the audience commented how that hadn't heard of the sport before and one asked for information on getting a course installed on some property his company owns.

Having the Frisbees so folks could see and feel the difference between worked out great.

The first real lead on a new course related directly to this presentation came 5 weeks to the day. I was invited to go tour 35 acres of private land for a private course today. Pictures of the property will be posted in a week or so with progress.

When we talked yesterday, he said he loved my presentation so much he told his son about it. He son told him he plays as do his kids. So this man had been thinking about it and has decided to install a 9 hole course on his property (he owns 35 acres) as a surprise for his kids and grandkids for the next time they visit.

It will be a 100% private course with natural tees, no signs...just baskets. Will only be maintained when he is entertaining his family. I just hope when its in the ground and maintained, he let's me come out and play the course. We'll have to wait and see about that.

This is my 3rd project that's 100 private. The other two I only got to throw the days they went in the ground.

This is my 3rd project that's 100 private. The other two I only got to throw the days they went in the ground.

That's a good gig. Designing courses that no one will ever give a bad review.

Tee signs and benches and next tee arrows are perfect places for advertisements because everyone has to look at them. It would almost be like putting ads on the backboard of a hoop or the top band of a tennis net. I think DG players are typically a little more diverse demographically than basketball or tennis or some other sports you see supported by the park department.

Here is what my local borough council wants to know 2 YEARS AFTER CONSTRUCTION OF THE COURSE STARTED!!!!!!! UGGGGG

Council would like to see a proposal that explains how the first 9 holes was developed. Include in the proposal, the course lay out, location within the park, the number of acres to be utilized, the number of acres remaining in the park, responsibilities of the Borough and Disc Association or volunteers, both during and afterward construction. Who the donors are? Are there any handicap accessibility requirements? What are the liabilities to the Borough in setting up the course? What are the benefits of the course? How many disc golf courses are there in the area? What is the level of use at several of the surrounding courses? What will the anticipated use of this course be? How has the money raised been handled? What info will be on the donor signs at each hole? Please feel free to include any other information that you believe may be pertinent.

Chris-I feel your pain. I sold 18 baskets to the largest city in my county in 2009. They took 6 baskets and put them around their baseball complex and the other 12 are still in storage. Then this past spring I sold 18 to our county parks department and those are in storage and will be through 2014.

We have 30 baskets in storage and six baskets in a baseball complex going to waste. At least we have 4 18-hole courses in the ground but it sure would be nice to see these other courses finally come to fruition.

Latest posts