• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Make a bag for someone who throws 350

sunspot

Double Eagle Member
Of course, I fit into the 350 category. However, I was wondering what kind of set up other people would have for those who throw 350. My personal bag is:

Overstable/headwind- DX Firebird (Thinking about switching out for a Z Pred)

Distance Driver- RoadRunner (Thinking about getting a Striker or CD)

Fairway- DX Eagle

Mid- Roc

Putter- D Challenger

Here's what my bag looks like these days. I throw a solid 350', max distance 430' (perfect throw with the wind and downhill)

Distance Drivers:
Starfire <-- Overstable
OLF <-- Stable
Avenger SS <-- Understable, great for hyzer flips and rollers

Fairway Drivers:
Teebird <-- Stable
Firebird <-- Overstable

Mid-Range:
Wasp <-- Stable
Buzz <-- Understable

Putter:
Challenger <-- Slightly overstable

sunspot said:
Of course, I fit into the 350 category. However, I was wondering what kind of set up other people would have for those who throw 350. My personal bag is:

Overstable/headwind- DX Firebird (Thinking about switching out for a Z Pred)

Distance Driver- RoadRunner (Thinking about getting a Striker or CD)

Fairway- DX Eagle

Mid- Roc

Putter- D Challenger

CD is too LSS to be long for you it's lie an Eagle X in that it fades always but doesn't flip as much. Striker is almost as long as a RR but straighter ad fares better in the winds. 166 MOLS or much better yet 150 Valkyrie would add D. Valk is better for golf as well and takes much more winds so that's my pick for D.

How about this:

Overstable- Z Pred

Distance- Striker/Roadrunner

Fairway- Timberwolf (and/or ESP Cyclone)

Midrange- Roc

Putter- Challenger

im around that range backhand i throw

pd

worn champ wraith

striker

leopard

buzzz

wizard

Firebird
OLF
Assassin
Cyclone
Roc
Wiz

I'd also recommend:

FB
OLF
Valk
Teebird
Roc
Wiz

Weird sunspot - I have the same Distance(about) and my bag is almost Identical.

Furthur said:
PD
Cyclone
Roc
Wizard
I may have to get a couple Cyclone and try this out...I would undoubtable add a firebird and road runner to the mix though, just can't get away from them.

I was thinking about listing a Firebird as well. The Cyclone and PD compliment each other so well due to their difference in line shaping and speed.

I'm in this range (controlled 300-325, max 350-360.) This is what I toss

Firebird
Striker
Vision
Gazelle
Core
Rhyno

How does the PD compare to the striker? My only fear with the Striker is that some say they get flippy into the wind for bigger arms. I don't want to replace something when I progress a little further. I've heard the PD can replace a firebird into a headwind, how does it fare for thumbers?

mason65 said:
I'm in this range (controlled 300-325, max 350-360.) This is what I toss

Firebird
Striker
Vision
Gazelle
Core
Rhyno

How does the PD compare to the striker? My only fear with the Striker is that some say they get flippy into the wind for bigger arms. I don't want to replace something when I progress a little further. I've heard the PD can replace a firebird into a headwind, how does it fare for thumbers?

No overlap. S-Line PD is beefy! Shorter and much harder fading than Striker. Think almost Innova Z Predator about the PD just a bit longer. Well Innova manufactures them and partially designs it and the other part is the guy who runs Innova Europe... I'm not suited for overhead throws but it should suit well. PD is definitely great for headwinds. Striker is like a beefier TL but not a Teebird and a bit longer than either.

Base Plastic:

Overstable- Firebird

Driver- CD or Viking

Fairway- Eagle, Gazelle, or Cyclone

Midrange- Roc

Putter- Challenger or Magnet

Premium Plastic:

Overstable- Z Pred or Flick

Driver- Striker or SOLF

Fairway- Stalker

Midrange- Comet, Buzz, or Core

Putter- Champ Rhyno or Pure