• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Manor,Tx.

produce guy

Just got thru playing in Manor,ground has sticky black mud,all tee boxes have mud art from shoes,and there's some water in the creek,plus lots of flying bugs,the good thing is only 2 people in front of us,everything is turning green,and the cactus are all blooming,and I found my disc I lost from 2 weeks ago sitting in a tree.:rolleyes:

I'm not positive on this, but I've heard that when it rains, dirt turns to mud, creeks fill with water, larvae hatch into bugs, people play less outdoor sports, plants grow, and people find flying discs that they lost 2 weeks ago. Speaking of which, you didn't happen to find a blue Champion Groove or purple Champion Boss while you were out there?

I'm not positive on this, but I've heard that when it rains, dirt turns to mud, creeks fill with water, larvae hatch into bugs, people play less outdoor sports, plants grow, and people find flying discs that they lost 2 weeks ago. Speaking of which, you didn't happen to find a blue Champion Groove or purple Champion Boss while you were out there?

I'd rather see pictures of that course than the winter course.

Just got thru playing in Manor,ground has sticky black mud,all tee boxes have mud art from shoes,and there's some water in the creek,plus lots of flying bugs,the good thing is only 2 people in front of us,everything is turning green,and the cactus are all blooming,and I found my disc I lost from 2 weeks ago sitting in a tree.:rolleyes:

What did you score on hole 8? Just curious. I got an 8 the last time I played it.

Once you get in the woods on that hole there's no getting out. There is some seriously thick woods/cactus/thorny brush in the ob on a lot holes out there. I've lost 2 discs on that course the last two times I played it. Well, actually, I just left one, which sucks even more than losing it.

I got a 6 cause I suck and missed a ten foot putt

What type of conditions should I expect in late October? I have played DG in 28 sates but not Texas (yet).

Late October in Austin is one of the best times of the year. I'll go ahead and predict 72 as the high and partly cloudy with a 20% chance of late afternoon showers. If you're here during Halloween you gotta hit up Sixth St. that night.

Latest posts