• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Massachusetts Trip

New England disc golf is legit. Glad you guys had a good trip.

It was an amazing trip Nathan. We had a blast. The only complaint I have is Connecticut drivers. Damn, you people can't drive for sh!t! All we saw in Connecticut was accident after accident and tons of traffic everywhere. It didn't matter where we went in Connecticut, there was always a traffic jam and always an accident. But your DG courses, that's a whole other story. Wickham was a beast of a course and a lot of fun as well. Maple Hill is now my second favorite DG location just behind the Blockhouse and Hawk Hollow ( I count those as together).

If you got time I really enjoyed Devons. Two good courses.

Word to this ^^^^. Love both Devens courses. They're in the middle of nowhere, though. Don't expect too many adjacent food & dink spots to unwind at. But the courses themselves are both glorious. You can tell that the folks responsible for installing them really put a ton of thought into planning and execution. A true slyvan disc golf experience.

I haven't played any of the tight, wooded courses that North Carolina is well known for, but I imagine that the Devens courses to be similar. Both Devens courses are very tight, technical with extreme elevation changes and varied hole profiles. Has anyone played the Devens courses AND thise classic wooded courses in North Carolina who can compare them so I can see if my assumption is correct? Thanks.

I live in Charlotte and had the pleasure of playing both Deven's courses this weekend. Very fun and challenging with way more elevation then I'm used to playing. Deven's is technical and relatively tight when compared to NC but the biggest difference is the schule is very forgiving. If you miss the fairway in NC many times your only option is to pitch out. There was never a time at Devens when I couldn't find a decent line to save par no matter how poor my tee shot was.

If I am ever back in the area I will certainly play the courses again. For a beautiful spring day the course was relatively empty but the folks I did run into were very friendly and great to play with.

Hey Roc, real sorry I never responded to your PM. I didnt even notice I had one from you until a couple days ago. Although I wouldnt have been able to get that Friday off anyway. Glad you guys had a good trip though.

Set aside a good 45 minutes to browse and drool at the Marshall St shop. It's a place that will remain in my happy memories for years to come. It is not to be confused with the Maple Hill Pro Shop!

And yes, spend the full day at Maple Hill. Play 2 or 3 of the layouts. It's awesome how they have 2 teepads and 2 targets per hole. Really mixes it up nicely.

Latest posts