• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Massive Grip A Series Price Drop

Well, of course. It's just a gimmick. If you angle something, it will handle a hill or slope better in one direction but will be worse than a straight up bag if you turn it the other direction.

You always had to pay attention to what way you sat your L-series down. But you have to watch even closer with the A-series.

I think it's high time to make a bag using Weeble Wobble Technology!

il_570xN.409460668_3gj8.jpg

I don't know anybody at Grip, but with my background in retail and manufacturing, I can come up with a few good reasons why this sale is a very smart thing to do (take your pick/picks):
1. Sales have been a little soft, so let's pick up the cash flow. Baby wants a new car for Christmas.
2. Volume, volume, volume. The more I sell, the more I order. The more I order, the more it drops the price per unit. The less I pay, the more I make. Simple.
3. Let's crush the competition. Christmas is a big season for bag purchases. Salient (and a few other bag makers?) are supposed to have a shipment in. Let's reduce the price and get some of that money that people have been saving up.
4. Make room and make money. Related to #1, I may have a new order with lots of those hot-selling colors coming in, or I may have an improved design coming. At any rate, I need to make some room for inventory, and I gotta pay for the order.
5. The taxman cometh. Don't kid yourselves, they're making plenty of $$ at $176, but the less inventory that they have on Dec 31st, makes for better profit after taxes.

Lots of reasons to have a sale during the Holiday Season.

I don't know anybody at Grip, but with my background in retail and manufacturing, I can come up with a few good reasons why this sale is a very smart thing to do (take your pick/picks):
1. Sales have been a little soft, so let's pick up the cash flow. Baby wants a new car for Christmas.
2. Volume, volume, volume. The more I sell, the more I order. The more I order, the more it drops the price per unit. The less I pay, the more I make. Simple.
3. Let's crush the competition. Christmas is a big season for bag purchases. Salient (and a few other bag makers?) are supposed to have a shipment in. Let's reduce the price and get some of that money that people have been saving up.
4. Make room and make money. Related to #1, I may have a new order with lots of those hot-selling colors coming in, or I may have an improved design coming. At any rate, I need to make some room for inventory, and I gotta pay for the order.
5. The taxman cometh. Don't kid yourselves, they're making plenty of $$ at $176, but the less inventory that they have on Dec 31st, makes for better profit after taxes.

Lots of reasons to have a sale during the Holiday Season.

nope, none of these reasons
i am just sure its a fire sale, and they are going out of business.

Was going to get a ranger, but for the same price I feel the Grip is a no brainer. This is a twist I didn't see coming, but now that my order is placed, my Grip's arrival is in sight.

Let's hope I can fit a jacket in one of the side pockets...

Don't know if this sale is a signal that Grip is in trouble, or just have extra inventory. I already have a Voodoo Karma as it is, and I had no plans to buy a new bag at all for a while. Then this sale popped up... and I now have a new Grip bag on the way. $176 that wasn't gonna get spent on a bag (let alone on disc golf in general) just did. Seems their plan worked whatever the motive was.
^this... I just wasn't gonna spend $200+ on a bag, but this deal + free shipping + lifetime warrantee... yeah, I'm in. Shipped Fri 11/29, scheduled deliverey = Wed 12/4.
:clap: :popcorn:

Was going to get a ranger, but for the same price I feel the Grip is a no brainer. This is a twist I didn't see coming, but now that my order is placed, my Grip's arrival is in sight.

I've seen people fit hoodies and jackets in them in videos.

Last edited:

xl hoodie plus some other stuff is no problem
just need to fold it correctly and be careful as you zip it up

xl hoodie plus some other stuff is no problem
just need to fold it correctly and be careful as you zip it up

Dude, roll it lengthwise slide it the traps on the side and secure them down, if you can tuck a useless stool in there I'm sure a friggin Carhart would fit.

Got mine in today and promptly went out and played a round. I love this bag!!!!! I have a voodoo karma with straight jacket straps and I'm not sure if it will ever see the course again. The karma is built like a tank with plenty of storage, but the pros of the Grip outweigh all of that. The Grip is so light and comfortable. Not regrets on this purchase.

Oh yeah, props to DGCR user "sugarnot" for letting me know Sun King was selling these for the same sale price, with shipping included AND they accept paypal. :thmbup:

^this... I just wasn't gonna spend $200+ on a bag, but this deal + free shipping + lifetime warrantee... yeah, I'm in. Shipped Fri 11/29, scheduled deliverey = Wed 12/4.
:clap: :popcorn:

How do you know when yours will be delivered? I placed my order and under my account, I can view the receipt for my order. But it only says that its "processed". Doesn't have any information on any shipping or tracking numbers...

Probably in your email, if I remember correctly.

Hmmm....I never got an e-mail. And now that I think about it, when I placed the order, it said something like "order declined, reason: credit card accepted". At first I thought it didn't go through, but looking through my account order history it showed a receipt for my order, complete with order id, and "order status: processed".

I should definitely have gotten any e-mail though?

In regards to confirmation emails, I believe this is how it'd go based on DN's systems providing the shipping infrastructure:

- Notice of any order decline/failure (maybe you attempted more than once?)
- Notice of any successful order submission (likely instant and automatic, before payment processes)
- Notice of shipping details (happens after the M-F warehouse crew processes your shipment's label)

So most of them have reached that shipped state -- you'll get the shipping notification right after the finished box is processed.

<--- in no way a Grip rep or speaking for them; just familiar with their store. Hope this was helpful.

In regards to confirmation emails, I believe this is how it'd go based on DN's systems providing the shipping infrastructure:

- Notice of any order decline/failure (maybe you attempted more than once?)
- Notice of any successful order submission (likely instant and automatic, before payment processes)
- Notice of shipping details (happens after the M-F warehouse crew processes your shipment's label)

So most of them have reached that shipped state -- you'll get the shipping notification right after the finished box is processed.

<--- in no way a Grip rep or speaking for them; just familiar with their store. Hope this was helpful.

Thanks. I didn't get the instant e-mail for successful order submission. I'm worried it didn't go through now. But its puzzling how I have a receipt in my order history for a processed order....I will e-mail Grip Eq and figure it out.

Thanks. I didn't get the instant e-mail for successful order submission. I'm worried it didn't go through now. But its puzzling how I have a receipt in my order history for a processed order....I will e-mail Grip Eq and figure it out.

If nothing else, having that will show you tried to order it in the right time frame and I'm sure they will honor the sale price if it didn't go thru right the first time.

I have absolutely no need for a fancy backpack bag like this.

But I'm sure I'll enjoy it when it gets here. :D