• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

May 7th - Shot Down in Flames 2011 - *Moved to Channahon*

Channy

That is true. Practice starts now......lol.

I am just glad I was able to straighten it out and not have to cancel it altogether.

Channahon is a great course, and Frank keeps it in pristine condition, even when there's no tournaments going on. It's completely different than Shorewood, which will make some people sad, and some happy, but it is what it is. I really can't picture a better place to move it to, or better people to work with to get it moved.

Just wondering if there is any possibility of future tournaments at Shorewood.
When they denied the permit, did they leave open the possibility of future tourneys?
Did they say not this time or never?

I was gonna miss out on this one anyway, but loved the idea of a tourney at Shorewood.

Just wondering if there is any possibility of future tournaments at Shorewood.
When they denied the permit, did they leave open the possibility of future tourneys?
Did they say not this time or never?

I was gonna miss out on this one anyway, but loved the idea of a tourney at Shorewood.

interested as well, was the permit request turned in with too short notice, or they just got up on the wrong side of the bed

Shorewood tourneys

I can only say that I wouldn't recommend it. Not after what happened this time.

I wanted to run one in Shorewood because a lot of players I'd see over there asked me to last year.

I don't want to say more than that. It is what it is. I'm not going to get into it publicly. I handled it in private with them, and that is the end of it.

Wow, this really pisses me off. I.have nothing wrong with channahon, i love the course. I just was really excited to play a tourney at shorewood, especially since IOS is at channy next weekend. Now two.tourneys back to back there kind of upsets me. O well, guess there's nothing I can do now. Except say **** the village of shorewood and anything to do with it.

Just a thought, me and many others would love a tourney at trinity this year. One round of longs and shorts would be great. Don't know if you could make something happen there ever?

Also, are there still going to be extra holes added here?

Last edited:
Anyone know what tees we're using tomorrow? I'm headed out there after work today to get a couple rounds in.

i believe its a round of shorts and round of longs. i think it might be in the illiana thread that noill checked the scores for rounds around page 139

I'm very bummed about this being moved. I was so excited to be playing a tourney at a shorter technical course. I especially bummed since IOS is at Channahon next week anyways. I guess it'll be good practice at least. Will women be long and shorts as well?

I like the longs out there too, but if people were expecting shorewood, the shorts are a closer substitution.

i am SO glad i didnt sign up for this tournament. 2 weekends in a row at the same course would suck! isnt there another course in the area they couldve gone with?

i am SO glad i didnt sign up for this tournament. 2 weekends in a row at the same course would suck! isnt there another course in the area they couldve gone with?

This is exactly how i feel, which upsets me. But it is not their fault. They supposedly heard a rumor that 200 people were going to be there ( even though the event would have been filled at 80). So they pulled the permit at the last minute. Not everyone will hear about this until they show up at shorewood, which is unfortunate. So there will be posters saying it has been switched to community park which is right down the block, about five minutes south. I heard they were thinking about trinity, but this was just a much easier move. I'm fine with it now, I guess. I was just really hoping for a shorewood tourney.

Latest posts