• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Abilene, TX

Cal Young Park

Permanent course
3.135(based on 12 reviews)
Mayor's Cup
Posted by cad614
Other
Cal Young Park
Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 08:00 AM
Until: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Category

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

Start: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 08:00 AM
End: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 06:00 PM

cad614

http://www.mayorscupabilene.org/index.html

This is a 1 day deal - 2 rounds. The Blue division is intended for new/casual/recreational players. The intent is to get college/milatary teams in that division. The Gold division is for us more competative types. The Mayors Cup will go to the Gold division winner and the Cup itself will sit in Abilene City Hall thorughout the year. A team will not be officially registered until I have a registration sheet AND money. I think the info on the website speaks for itself...but please contact me if you have any questions.

Take note of the deadlines. Oct.3 is the deadline to sign up and recieve a players pack (contents TBD). Oct. 10 is the last day I will accept registrations period. Lunch will be provided. Flyers and registration sheets can be printed off the website. I will be at the one day fun day in Big Spring on Oct. 4...you can sign up and pay that day and still be included in the players pack.

The Rotary Club wants this to be an annual event but this first year will obviously be a learning experience. All I ask is that you please make you teams as fair as possible. At first, I came up with this system that took your rating and or local handicap/factored in how I thought you played divided by the squre root of the moon, etc. Basically, I think everyone can come up with fair teams on their own. The Rotary club is already getting tee sign sponsorship for this event and their intention is to get Cal Young (Cal Young - east) tee signs for the existing course in the ground before the event. Theres also sponsorship information for those so inclined. This event is THE fundraiser for the new Cal Young course (Cal Young - west) this year.