• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] "McBeth Disc Golf" Star Destroyers

It's for a good cause

What cause? Throw Pink aka breast cancer awareness? If I'm giving my money to breast cancer research/treatment that's where my money is going. Not to Innova and Pmb. Or is the good cause Paul? In which case I simply won't waste my money on him . . .

What cause? Throw Pink aka breast cancer awareness? If I'm giving my money to breast cancer research/treatment that's where my money is going. Not to Innova and Pmb. Or is the good cause Paul? In which case I simply won't waste my money on him . . .

What If I want to give a few bucks to the organization and also buy a destroyer?

I always get the feeling that people who bitch about stuff like this are people who wouldn't actually donate to charity/research in the first place.

You're right I've never donated money ever.

I'm a random person on the internet, how do you know what I have or have not done? What morals I live with? Yeah, I never help people I'm just a parasite:|

EDIT: Maybe I'd rather buy a Destroyer for $15 from local B&M, donate $10, and be happy I supported local business and a good cause. Instead, people buying one from the Proshop are giving Innova like $22 after cost and PINK maybe $1.

Last edited:
You're right I've never donated money ever.

I'm a random person on the internet, how do you know what I have or have not done? What morals I live with? Yeah, I never help people I'm just a parasite:|

EDIT: Maybe I'd rather buy a Destroyer for $15 from local B&M, donate $10, and be happy I supported local business and a good cause. Instead, people buying one from the Proshop are giving Innova like $22 after cost and PINK maybe $1.

Be sure to post about it.

You've spent your afternoon complaining about people indirectly donating to a charitable organization. You are clearly a winner.

Last edited:
Innova says "proceeds go to Throw Pink." I guess to me, it doesn't really matter whether that means proceeds above wholesale pricing or proceeds after wholesale and McBeth's cut or whatever. The fact is that I guarantee you that 90% of the people buying these discs (whether they buy them to flip them or throw them or hang them) wouldn't have donated any amount of money to Breast Cancer Awareness at all otherwise. So if Innova sells 2000 discs and only donates $2000 to Throw Pink, that's still $2000 more than Throw Pink would have had otherwise.

It's fine to say that you would rather donate directly to break cancer awareness: please do! But it's also fine for them to raise money for breast cancer awareness in ways like this. You can't tell me that if Innova just put a banner on their site asking for donations that went directly to Throw Pink that you think it would have raised more money: it definitely would not. If you're afraid of giving Innova any of your extra dollars then please don't do so. But I think it's ridiculous to imply that somehow breast cancer awareness would be better off without fundraisers like this because that is just silly. Of course Innova is a company that wants to make money and they are making money; that's what companies do. However, criticizing them for donating some part of that money to charity is ridiculous.

Is it so important to feel superior to others that you have to criticize charitable donations...for not being charitable enough?

Good grief.

It truly is played out. So is "played out". I'm at a loss for words. I'm just feeling garrulous this morning, no reason to be surprised that anything posted on the internet gets a negative reaction, so probably not worth pointing out. That being said, the whole thing seems pretty innocuous, the donation percentage whatever it is, included.

Carry on!

Too loquacious.
:)

I planned on saying my one statement and leaving this thread alone earlier, for whatever reason hugheshilton's comment really bugged me. Apologies for overreacting.

/derail

I planned on saying my one statement and leaving this thread alone earlier, for whatever reason hugheshilton's comment really bugged me. Apologies for overreacting.

/derail

Sorry for bugging you. I do get tired of the perpetual whining about the Innova factory store prices/shipping (not specifically you, just in general). In this case, before I made my comment I don't think anybody had pointed out that "proceeds" from these were going to charity so I thought I'd try to head the whining off early by pointing this out. Obviously I totally mis-judged DGCR's ability to see the worst possible in any company or person. :)

does anyone know how many were released?

No, but it looks like 90% went to a few FB raffle lurkers who are now raffling them for stupid prices.
Innova really needs to just got to a limit of two, like Discmania did, on limited release discs.

Back in stock today. Also, I heard from an Innova employee yesterday at league that they won't be limited to a certain number. I just bought one so I keep my mcbeth collection complete.

Latest posts