• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

timj5304

Double Eagle Member
As many likely now know, Paul McBeth is officially on the star destroyer meaning no more Jenkins. Guessing most shops will sell out of Avery's within a few days and people will start the whole "they flew better with Jenkins name on them". Which should I go after the 2 liners with patent numbers that are the same as pre Avery's or the new overstable 3 liners? It does make sense to hopefully give Jenkins another disc like the star teebird to be a production run instead of just proshop for all the promoting he does.

In the end AJ couldn't bench press his way out of his recent play, he has turned to more of a promoter which is good with his large size and muscles. He hasn't won anything of note since he won worlds, he's had some very poor finishes recently.

Whichever version of the AJ you hype up online using multiple accounts will be the one worth the most.

The ones that fly the best will depend on your arm speed, PLH, dome/wing, and luck.

I've been waiting for this to happen to see how long it will take for the "The new McBeast Destroyers don't fly ___ like the AJ's!!!" to start.

hopefully the line will be "the McBeth's are WAY more stable"

but I doubt it.

Well, McBeth's signature is going to slightly change the weight distribution in the stamp compared with Avery's... ;)

Great. Now AJ is going to get roid rage and start practicing his UFC moves on McBeth, who's got to be several weight classes lighter than the guy some call "el beef"...

As many likely now know, Paul McBeth is officially on the star destroyer meaning no more Jenkins.

In the end AJ couldn't bench press his way out of his recent play, he has turned to more of a promoter which is good with his large size and muscles. He hasn't won anything of note since he won worlds, he's had some very poor finishes recently.

:clap: Well-deserved by the 4peat World Champ.

AJ still an ambassador of the DG Game.

Great. Now AJ is going to get roid rage and start practicing his UFC moves on McBeth, who's got to be several weight classes lighter than the guy some call "el beef"...

Methinks McBeast can outrun AJ. I also suspect that McBeast might know a few moves, himself...

Having said that: I don't think AJ will be hatin' on McBeth, but he might go emotionally 'roid on Innova. I said this on another thread that my question is how AJ's sister, Valarie Jenkins Doss, is going to react. Her husband Nate Doss is with Discraft, might she tell Innova to sit and spin and go Discraft, too? Time will tell, I guess... and I suspect Mr. Dunipace & Co. are more than happy that Paul McBeth is wearing the Innova label....

It does make sense to hopefully give Jenkins another disc like the star teebird to be a production run instead of just proshop for all the promoting he does. .

Was there not a production run of AJ Teebirds? Reason I ask: guy on my home course showed me a Teebird he'd just gotten, said he'd searched for that kind for nearly a year, and I think it was an Avery Jenkins Teebird. Maybe that was limited run?

I know you guys are trying to be funny, but Avery is tall, not muscular. He certainly doesn't use any type of AAS. He's hardly the biggest disc golfer. Look at this forum's own (or used to be these forums own) Mike C. Dude's bigger than me. Or how about Alexsky Bubis? That guy's a MANIMAL. Avery didn't "bench press his way" out of this because he looks like he could bench about 225. But let me tell you: big muscles make it very hard to disc golf.

Anyway...Avery's cool but his world title was a long time ago, especially with the recent explosive growth of disc golf. McBeth for sure earned his name on these Destroyers.

Avery is a great guy (in my experience) who has well-selling Tour Teebirds as well as Tour PDs from Discmania. I'm sure financially he'll take a decent hit from losing the Destros but Innova/Discmania would be foolish to not keep him around and happy. He loves disc golf and is a huge promoter of the game, which in turn makes him a huge promoter of Innova.

Good job, Paul!

This is the correct move probably, but I kinda of feel like they should give him the Star Terbird or one of Pds as a production disc.

His videos helped get me into the sport and that is appreciated.

Wish I still had one of his Destroyers. Used them all in trades since I didn't like them and most people did.

Eventually the old guard has to make way for the new generation.

My question is when will Climo lose some of his sig molds?

McBeth FB and TB's?

Was there not a production run of AJ Teebirds? Reason I ask: guy on my home course showed me a Teebird he'd just gotten, said he'd searched for that kind for nearly a year, and I think it was an Avery Jenkins Teebird. Maybe that was limited run?

They were a tour series disc. Only available thru the innova factory store. All star team members have one. Not currently stocked, but they sell out and reload all those discs pretty regularly.

I know you guys are trying to be funny, but Avery is tall, not muscular. He certainly doesn't use any type of AAS. He's hardly the biggest disc golfer. Look at this forum's own (or used to be these forums own) Mike C. Dude's bigger than me. Or how about Alexsky Bubis? That guy's a MANIMAL. Avery didn't "bench press his way" out of this because he looks like he could bench about 225. But let me tell you: big muscles make it very hard to disc golf.

Anyway...Avery's cool but his world title was a long time ago, especially with the recent explosive growth of disc golf. McBeth for sure earned his name on these Destroyers.

Avery is a great guy (in my experience) who has well-selling Tour Teebirds as well as Tour PDs from Discmania. I'm sure financially he'll take a decent hit from losing the Destros but Innova/Discmania would be foolish to not keep him around and happy. He loves disc golf and is a huge promoter of the game, which in turn makes him a huge promoter of Innova.

Good job, Paul!

Have you ever seen Avery in person? He's a pretty big guy. Not massive but he's definitely benching more then 225. A LOT more.

Please Lord, let this thread become a pissing match about how much Aj can lift.

Dear sweet baby Jesus, please let this be a pissing match about Avery's big muscles.

Have you ever seen Avery in person? He's a pretty big guy. Not massive but he's definitely benching more then 225. A LOT more.

I've met him several times. He's tall, with broad shoulders..and the bane of powerlifters everywhere: LONG ARMS. Ever try pushing up 225 pounds with a 15 foot wingspan? A helluva lot tougher than doing it with my T Rex arms.

You know who's huge? Yeti. I don't know how much older than Avery he is, but I assure you Yeti could mop the floor with him in the gym or in a strongman competition. And probably in disc golf, frankly.

Okay, that's enough of this thread drift...

People on Facebook are saying the McBeth Destroyers are more Destrulcan-esque. Doesn't make sense to me, but anyone heard anything about this? I don't know the type of Destroyer that McBeth prefers.