• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth vs Wysocki: The PPV

Kind of. All good golfers are boring to watch, except when they're forced to scramble and make stuff up.

I don't know, I really enjoy watching players with a bit of personality, negative or positive, both make for a good view. Ricky except for those raptor leg moments, seems a bit restrained at least in the rounds I have watched him. Paul shows a bit more emotion than Rick. But as far as a ppv event..would love to see an exhibition round where they put sponsored teams against each other. That would be entertaining.

...and at least one hole where they have to hit a hanging basket suspended between two ramps, while riding a motorcross bike.

Otherwise, meh.

This, only instead of a basket, it's an Innova Shark.

Last edited:
too much work, just do a head to head live video "Dead lyric or not Dead lyric?" quiz and call it good with pre chat about Dead related memories.

"Incorrect Ricky, that is from the song Ocelot by Phish, no points."

Last edited:
... "Lyric for Paul next. Last question of the ten point first round. Five bonus points for name of song:
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men. ... Dead or not Dead Paul?"

Didn't they already do this in Oregon and Ricky choked hard?

I just rewatched this. Mcflys videos are awesome I must say, I enjoy the no commentary silence and sounds and the minimal production, it has a unique feel to it.

Ricky smashed hole after hole too come on man he birdied the first 5 holes? That was a tough shot.

And Paul with that uphill putt for the win. If you listen closely you can hear a truck engine going off in the background. I wonder if he heard it. Had to of.

I think a skins match. $1,000 a hole and loser pays $1,000 a stroke at the end as well. I feel like they'd both bring their "A" game for that one.

I can get on board with this..

I thought this was compelling enough to have its own thread.

Here are my fantasy Paul vs Ricky conditions:

• Played at a course not traditionally used due to tournament logistics issues (out of the way, logjam holes, etc).
• Played at a course on "neutral ground" to the players.

Related to those last two, I would love to see something like this filmed at Sugaree. A) It's beautiful and has drama potential due to extreme terrain. B) Mando is super swell and fully deserves some positive exposure plus it would be an impetus to get Sugaree looking good and playable more often again. I can dream. Black Jack or Harmon Hills would be epic also.

What say you?

But not this...

• Players are mic'ed up so all trash talk is heard.

In my opinion, trash talk is for losers and ghetto a-holes

In my opinion, trash talk is for losers and ghetto a-holes
Wasn't the best basketball player of all time (MJ) known to be a huge trash talker? Im not saying that being a poor sport is good thing. I just don't think that a few "friendly jabs" back and forth between two competitors is a bad thing.

I cant believe people are actually gonna pay to watch two over the hill golfers play a match... It would be funny if one of them gave the other the...

"A thousand bucks you miss that putt." -Al Czervik

Wasn't the best basketball player of all time (MJ) known to be a huge trash talker? Im not saying that being a poor sport is good thing. I just don't think that a few "friendly jabs" back and forth between two competitors is a bad thing.

No doubt he's the goat but it wasn't friendly banter by any means. He wasn't even friendly with his teammates

No doubt he's the goat but it wasn't friendly banter by any means. He wasn't even friendly with his teammates
Sorry for the thread drift. I didn't know he was that much of a dick. I thought he has/had a gambling addiction. I've also heard some of his other actions outside of sports have been "morally questionable". Im young though, I grew up watching Kobe not MJ.

I thought this was compelling enough to have its own thread.

Here are my fantasy Paul vs Ricky conditions:

• Players are mic'ed up so all trash talk is heard.
• Played at a course not traditionally used due to tournament logistics issues (out of the way, logjam holes, etc).
• Played at a course on "neutral ground" to the players.

Related to those last two, I would love to see something like this filmed at Sugaree. A) It's beautiful and has drama potential due to extreme terrain. B) Mando is super swell and fully deserves some positive exposure plus it would be an impetus to get Sugaree looking good and playable more often again. I can dream. Black Jack or Harmon Hills would be epic also.

What say you?

I hear of events fairly similar to this happening during recent seasons. They are not covered by media; trash talk is enjoyed only by the host. If you were to put up the purse and a good time for the players, hire Jomez (they may have availability), walaa, your first PPV! Even if you don't make a dollar, it'll be the time of your life.

I hear of events fairly similar to this happening during recent seasons. They are not covered by media; trash talk is enjoyed only by the host. If you were to put up the purse and a good time for the players, hire Jomez (they may have availability), walaa, your first PPV! Even if you don't make a dollar, it'll be the time of your life.

I've thought this same thing before. Wish I had the dough to make it happen. I'd love to see some top pros obliterate my local course.

Sorry for the thread drift. I didn't know he was that much of a dick. I thought he has/had a gambling addiction. I've also heard some of his other actions outside of sports have been "morally questionable". Im young though, I grew up watching Kobe not MJ.

my idol as a kid was Wilt Chamberlin. nothing "morally questionable" about that cat.

Latest posts