• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McCord Park in Little Elm, Texas

They're up!
20130708_202324_zps00d45b86.jpg

My sister lived in Little Elm for many years and then when I saw this going in she moved back to the Plano area. Maybe I'll be there for Thanksgiving again and give this one a play. Looks good.

No signs yet, cant play a couple pads because of overgrowth, very tall grass, lots and lot and lots and lots and lots and lots of burrs!!! Oh and very tall grass. With that being said, we the park is actually open and taken care of it will be pretty awesome, easily a 4/5 Im sure. Great piece of land and a bunch of cool shots. I will review when it opens but will not go back until then because over the overgrowth

No signs yet, cant play a couple pads because of overgrowth, very tall grass, lots and lot and lots and lots and lots and lots of burrs!!! Oh and very tall grass. With that being said, we the park is actually open and taken care of it will be pretty awesome, easily a 4/5 Im sure. Great piece of land and a bunch of cool shots. I will review when it opens but will not go back until then because over the overgrowth

Nice, thanks for the info and I can't wait to play it!

I was actually shocked to hear that the baskets were up. There are no tee signs, and I just found out that they haven't yet planted any of the approximately 40 trees they're supposed to plant. And apparently there are other issues as well.

I'm trying to work out details with the parks department and the developer, but right now I would say that this course is not ready for play. I will give everyone updates here as I get them.

As is now becoming customary on DGCR, the review feature has been disabled until the course is complete and ready to open.

the guy i talked to out there today (Tony?) said that the city doesn't want to plant the trees during the summer. he also said you might be out here this weekend or coming week, John?

sounds like the final planting might not get done until september. can we expect that the course won't open till then?

the course looks really fun. i'm curious to see what gets trimmed and where the lines open up. the long boxes on 2, 11 and 13 are scary right now! i really like 18 long, 17 long and short, and 3 long. do you have any favorites, John?

Just got a new projected timeline. We are now looking at the course being open in September sometime.

I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but that's how it is. Please know that HouckDesign is working with the parks department and the developer to get the course in, and to make sure it gets put in the right way.

I also am really looking forward to this course opening... I just moved away from my home courses and need something else close to Denton.

The way I understand it ....the course is theoretically playable, baskets...etc, but still not officially complete, as of yet. ??

And a September time frame is looking like what it will be?

The baskets are no longer up. The trees have not been planted, and there are no tee signs. Not really anything there except tee pads right now.

I'll be visiting the site soon and seeing what we can do to kep on the September timeline.

Any new updates on the timeline? I drove by there last weekend and it looks about the same. I'm hoping this is done about the time the weather starts cooling off.

New apartment construction has impacted some holes, and we are just about done making adjustments, including pouring new tee pads. Tree-trimming is also in progress.

Trees should be planted in the next two weeks, and then it's all downhill. Still hoping for a September opening.