• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Me and my friends plan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't hurt to dream big as long as you have a plan. Seems to be the general consensus of those who aren't dinks. I get that some find it big headed to start playing and immediately aim for sponsorship, but quite frankly you sound rather big headed yourselves trying to put down an enthusiastic newb. We were all enthusiastic newbs at one point or another, heck I've been playing over a year and still see myself as a newb. The point is don't be all down on the newbs - give them as much help as you can and see what happens.

the plan needs details. To gain that much improvement you would have to treat DG like any other college level sport. 3 hour workouts where you focus on improving a small portion of your game. Playing a round a day is not going to do it.

Week 1:
Monday: 30 minutes Form drills working on reach back and pull, 30 minutes of field practice (driving with out X step) repeat first hour. End with 30 minutes of putting practice.
Tuesday: Play 36 holes at local course
Wednesday 15 minutes of arm stretches. 30 minutes of work on X step with no disc. 30 minutes of field work practicing X step with disc. 30 minutes of sidearm throws (video tape for analysis)
Thursday: Play 18 holes with 2 discs, playing worst disc every time.
Friday: DAY OFF
Saturday: Competition
Sunday: practice putting games

Week 2:
Monday: 15 minutes arm stretching, take a small balnket out to a field and try to land on it with your mid ranges from 100 ft (10 minutes) 150 ft (15 minutes) 200 feet (10 minutes). Put up 2 poles and try to place your disc between those poles from marks at 50, 75, 100, 150, 175 and 200 feet 5 minutes at each mark.
Tuesday: Play 36 holes at local course with mids and putters from beginner tees or made up tees from all distances shorter than 200 feet.
Wednesday 15 minutes of arm stretches. 15 minutes of towel drills. 45 minutes of field work (FH driving) 30 minutes of either right pec drills or hammer drills. 30 minutes of thumber and novelty throws.
Thursday: Play 18 holes with full bag including 5 putters. putt 5 times from any disc 15-30 feet from the basket (do not inhibit other players)
Friday: 30 minutes of putting practice 30 minute light jog.
Saturday: competition
Sunday: Day off

It's not Impossible to see big gains IF you put in the work. Successful athletes have a little cockiness. But they also work there ass off to be better everyday! In Basketball- shooting hundreds of shots aday, Baseball- taking groundballs until they cant move, Golf- Hours on the Putting Green and constantly changing and fixing there form, etc. Put in the hours. your free time will be practice if your serious. I know personally for shot put I spend 4ish hours of my days working on form. And Im only a D2 thrower some of the D1 guys spend a LOT more time. I love seeing people strive to succeed and puting in the work. Back it up man and rub it in the haters faces

This thread.

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!
david_koechner5.jpg

Wow - I've never been so sickened by anything posted in any thread on here than this garbage you're throwing at the OP.

He didn't even say a timeline for getting sponsored - he just said that was a goal after a college national championship. Some of y'all need to seriously think before you spew that crap.

@ the OP - go for it man. Don't let haters get in your way because they failed in their dreams and ambitions. Just realize it only takes one day to set a goal but if it's worth having it takes time and dedication to see it to fruition. If it's what you really want then go get it.

Well, the way it reads is he plans on only playing if there's a sponsorship opportunity and he plans on getting it after d1 college. I never said he cant do, only spinning his cocky attitude back to him with suggestions. If it makes you sick, take some tums...

It would be funny as hell if the OP created this thread in attempt to lure out the people who dont have the courage and ambition to create and carry out said plan. People who, For example, Judge grammar or have a "Better" plan.

Best of luck to the op. Those who dont plan, Plan to fail.

It would be funny as hell if the OP created this thread in attempt to lure out the people who dont have the courage and ambition to create and carry out said plan. People who, For example, Judge grammar or have a "Better" plan.

Best of luck to the op. Those who dont plan, Plan to fail.

I was not saying my plan was better, I was giving him an idea on making a schedule so he can carry out his plan.

Practice is all well and good, but unless you are practicing proper technique it won't do much good to practice the wrong way for hours a day every day. I would suggest joining a local league in your area in order to learn from more experienced players. You'll learn better technique, multiple types of shots(flick, roller, thumber etc) and what situations on the course to use those tools. Don't let anyone tell you you can't reach your goals, there is alot about the game that takes years, not 2 months to learn though. You can only learn the proper tools by playing with better and more experienced players. Focus on one goal at a time, when that goal is met, step toward the next. Good luck youngster, hope you make it to all your goals you have set.

Sary phor enny spelyng or gramnur irrs. I is jus a hye skuul graduayt.

Why not just play a tourny in open? get your @$$ kicked, and then you will be so sick of the game you will never play dg anymore.

You should play in local tournaments,and once you become the best around....then you can dream about going pro. GOOD LUCK

Actually played with a kid today that is a local resident to Roscoe Ewing. (Nick for any that frequents that course) I think all the kid does is disc golf out there. Sometimes he looks really good and I asked him about his plans because I think he might have potential there. He got a lot better over the course of 2 years, but I will say you better love it and love doing it constantly; but I say anythings possible.

Ignore the hate. Just make sure you love the game. Disc golf is not the way to go for fame and fortune, that is for sure.

Read books, study hard, pay attention and eat a healthy breakfast. If you do all this young grasshopper, you will achieve your goals of fortune and fame. Good luck.

I'll also offer some good advice. Putt. Putt more. Putt some more. Putt til your arm hurts, then take some tylenol, and putt more. The BIGGEST thing that separates pros from ams is putting. When anything under 40' is a gimme for you, you can birdie almost any hole.

I just had this revelation at a local club invite where I had to play advanced, since it was the only am division. I've been putting like crazy, and dropped quite a few jaws today when a 879 rated player dropped 924 and 950 rated rounds, all by not missing stupid putts. My drives weren't even great, about average for me (granted, I drive pretty well, at least distance wise), but I didn't miss any stupid putts to kick myself about.

Oh I don't care if he is better than me... a lot of people are. haha.. I just liken it to somebody going to "track days" for a few months and then saying they are going to be an F1 racer.. Im not saying its impossible, it's just quite cocky to come in to a community that you are new to and proclaim that you will soon be a pro when there are guys who have been working on their game for years that will never be good enough turn pro.

I love you

I love you too, but I love you better if you join the prerube fan club!

Don't crush the kids dreams!

Man I would love to be an F-1 driver, mabye thats what I'll be when I grow up!

I hope nothing said is construed as hate, just trying to put my two cents in.

twos, I'd like to join the prerube fan club :)

you should go to a community college for 2 years because a D1 college may not take individual credits, but they have to take an associates degree when you transfer.

Uhhh, not that I am one to shout down prerube, but the red text above is not always the case.

As an example, Division 1 schools in Michigan (actually, most state-funded schools in MI) do not recognize Associates degrees in any fashion. We have a MACRAO stamp that you can get if you have completed the 32 general education credits (English/math/social sciences/humanities) so that the University you transfer to is forced to accept them all, even if they would not individually, and you do not have to repeat them at the 4 year, but the rest of the credits are accepted solely on a case by case basis.

Look into it before you make the decision, but all things considered, the community college route is an inexpensive alternative that has you taking classes with professors who are looking to teach you in a class of 30, rather than "weed out the undesireables" in a class of 600.

And good luck :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts