• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Me and my friends plan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, I never saw in the youngster's original post where they "proclaimed" to go pro. I saw "hopfully" (which I assume means hopefully) twice, play in college for a championship, and get sponsored. The kid has a dream and a goal, what's wrong with that? The post never said I'm going pro and I'm gonna kick everyone's butt . It just simply said THEY HAVE A GOAL. Kudo's to those who aren't haters. Prerube, gave excellent advice and others have chimed in with support and advice, wish evryone could do the same, it would be much better for our game.

the plan needs details. To gain that much improvement you would have to treat DG like any other college level sport. 3 hour workouts where you focus on improving a small portion of your game. Playing a round a day is not going to do it.

Week 1:
Monday: 30 minutes Form drills working on reach back and pull, 30 minutes of field practice (driving with out X step) repeat first hour. End with 30 minutes of putting practice.
Tuesday: Play 36 holes at local course
Wednesday 15 minutes of arm stretches. 30 minutes of work on X step with no disc. 30 minutes of field work practicing X step with disc. 30 minutes of sidearm throws (video tape for analysis)
Thursday: Play 18 holes with 2 discs, playing worst disc every time.
Friday: DAY OFF
Saturday: Competition
Sunday: practice putting games

Week 2:
Monday: 15 minutes arm stretching, take a small balnket out to a field and try to land on it with your mid ranges from 100 ft (10 minutes) 150 ft (15 minutes) 200 feet (10 minutes). Put up 2 poles and try to place your disc between those poles from marks at 50, 75, 100, 150, 175 and 200 feet 5 minutes at each mark.
Tuesday: Play 36 holes at local course with mids and putters from beginner tees or made up tees from all distances shorter than 200 feet.
Wednesday 15 minutes of arm stretches. 15 minutes of towel drills. 45 minutes of field work (FH driving) 30 minutes of either right pec drills or hammer drills. 30 minutes of thumber and novelty throws.
Thursday: Play 18 holes with full bag including 5 putters. putt 5 times from any disc 15-30 feet from the basket (do not inhibit other players)
Friday: 30 minutes of putting practice 30 minute light jog.
Saturday: competition
Sunday: Day off

Prerube, will you make me a plan? Lol. Seriously though that looks awesome.

Uhhh, not that I am one to shout down prerube, but the red text above is not always the case.

As an example, Division 1 schools in Michigan (actually, most state-funded schools in MI) do not recognize Associates degrees in any fashion. We have a MACRAO stamp that you can get if you have completed the 32 general education credits (English/math/social sciences/humanities) so that the University you transfer to is forced to accept them all, even if they would not individually, and you do not have to repeat them at the 4 year, but the rest of the credits are accepted solely on a case by case basis.

Look into it before you make the decision, but all things considered, the community college route is an inexpensive alternative that has you taking classes with professors who are looking to teach you in a class of 30, rather than "weed out the undesireables" in a class of 600.

And good luck :thmbup:

They can tell you at any time if they will accept your associates, they will not tell you on a credit by credit basis. I was thinking State schools, private schools can make their own rules.

Start with that one that I posted, then PM me in 2 weeks and I will give you an update :)

Sweet :). Is it like working out where I should do this in the morning or can I be safe to do it after work? And I work 2 doubles a week, so I might have to double up some drills to not miss out.

The OP has not posted since the beginning of this thread, indicating to me that it was a successful troll thread. Good job, gentlemen.

Dam, I hate seeing good flame wars getting wasted on troll threads.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Kinda sucks... I was hoping he was coming back with a "I'm gonna start drilling tomorrow" or something of the like to make me smile.

Why does it have to be a division 1 college? I played two years in a row at nationals for a community college. LOL

it is great to have goals, and you can very well achieve them, but i think you are a little crazy if you are planning your college plans around playing a game. disc golf is great, and it's fine to consider schools that have courses nearby, or on site, but college is more important than disc golf.

you should not be going to college in order to play in a college tournament. the college you attend will have ramifications long after you realize you can't throw a destroyer or that disc golf doesn't pay well so i hope you try and fit disc golf into your college plans and not the other way around.

If you have a graduating senior of 2012..........get involved! The National Players Challenge is giving away a college scholarship to a graduating senior of 2012!

Requirements: Must be a NPC member, Must have a 3.0 GPA, and Must have two references.

This is free money for college.......want to learn more? Go to www.npctour.com or email the National Players Challenge at [email protected]

If he's a scholarship athlete his grammar problems will be no obstacle, especially at a school with Division 1 sports. ;)

D1 schools give out scholarships for disc golf:confused:

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!
david_koechner5.jpg

I killed a guy with a trident.

I stopped reading after pg 5.....

If you are naturally gifted, stop reading the technique preached here- there's too much to sipher through and its mostly for those that aren't naturally getting "correct" form and need to conform to get better advice. Many pros have a unique style, but still doing things right.

To get noticed as an am, play high level events and shoot lower then the pro field, get winged by a well known sponsored pro, and/or win am nats or am worlds.

Good luck.

That was a tight schedule that you gave him!

Iam a new guy to these forems but the more and more i see PRERUBE post stuff , the more i want to punch him in the face!!!Bro why dont you stop being a dick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts