• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mega Waterproofing Thread

Ultra Ever Dry on Discs?

This video is pretty amazing. I would like to try this on a disc and throw a rain round.

Ultra Ever Dry Amazing new nano polymer repels almost any substance! Ultra Ever Dry is a patented hydrophobic and oleophobic coating that can be applied to almost any surface! Say good bye to Rust, Grease, Dirt, Ice and Salt Water! Ultra Ever Dry forms a protective air barrier that protects and blocks adhearance of unwanted debris.

It's pricy and requires an under and top coat to work.

It would also be great for boots.

Nothing will ever get dirty again. I need to put this on my Jeep when we go wheelin.

Attachments

• IMAG0244.jpg
    IMAG0244.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
you guys must have read my mind. i was researching this stuff for a good hour yesterday.

I did see a few listings online for the under and top coating in 32oz and 64 oz spray bottles for ~$35 to start... not that bad.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/product/itemKey/30850572

if it'd work on discs it would be pretty amazing... though i don't know how it would coat it without affecting its feel. boots/shoes/gloves/disc bag etc would be perfect though.

That stuff seems amazing. I could see how it could make discs feel funny, if not all out slippery, and not quite sure that's a great use for it. Not that hard to wipe a disc clean.

bags... :thmbup:

Video shows boots :thmbup: Jackets and outer wear would be great applicatuions for it, too.
mmmm..... carpets, car interiors, furniture $$$$
I wonder how long an application lasts?

Materials science: it's a wonderful thing :clap: My son's getting his degree in that field - hope gets to work on something neat like this.

P.S. matresses... I'm jus 'sayin...

Last edited:
that stuff looks cool wouldn't put it on my boots though seems to make them white looking

If it works that well, I don't care if it makes my boots a little white looking. Cool stuff!

one major issue listed in their FAQ is: Abrasion is the leading cause of reduction in the superhydrophobic coating's life.

I would love to spray my bag with this stuff. It would be great to not to have to worry about finding a decent spot to sit it on the ground. I'll just wait for the cost to come down first.

there goes the idea of using it for bag bottoms. I could see boots needing reapplication of this from the use that a typical pair of boots would have

one major issue listed in their FAQ is: Abrasion is the leading cause of reduction in the superhydrophobic coating's life.

I wonder how often you'd need to reapply on shoes and bags. If it was a once a year type thing, that would totally be worth it, but if the wear and tear of a handful of rounds was enough to reduce the effectiveness it wouldn't be all that cost effective.