• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Merged "Polaris LS is a premium plastic Cheetah replacement" threads

Like a Cheetah

Been trying to find my buddy a premium plastic Cheetah. Haven't found any so I thought I would ask you guys what disc is comparable. He hates the leopard and has not tried the Discraft Impact. Thoughts?

Dude throws the Cheetah as a driver and approach disc. Has 5 cheetahs in his bag so he's hooked on them. Would love to find a disc comparable.

^yeah, my vote. Impact's not bad, Leopards in Champ/Star aren't too far off either. They do make Cheetahs in candy plastic, called KC Pro, but you have to search for them and they're not cheap.

Hold on, fellas.
I am unconvinced that a Star Cheetah would be worth a darn.
Cheetahs are too stable until they get beat in a little.
My concern is that a Star Cheetah will not fly like a seasoned Cheetah, but will just mimic a Leopard.

just sort of wanted to chime in about the Cheetah/Polaris LS

The M-Polaris LS will give you the cheetah flight, but the pro plastic currently used will break in faster than DX

The Sirius Polaris LS has a little more stability to it, but I think this just has to do with the plastic. It takes a little more to get it up to speed than pro plastic(as generally is the case). It is still a great fairway driver in premium plastic. I generally think a Star Cheetah would result in similar changes, compared to baseline plastic(or even KC). The current star stuff, or what they used for sirius plastic, gives the disc a much denser feel. It makes the disc appear more stable and have less glide(not I said appear). Im sure people would nut on star cheetahs but don't expect the same flight pattern.

If you want a really good Polaris LS then I got a secret for you. The current run of 1.8 QJLS are actually Q-Polaris LS. They are opaque yellow and easy to get up to speed. Find those and you got yourself a durable kc pro cheetah replacement

Yeah, but; I don't think the Polaris or JLS glide anywhere close to the old KC Pro Cheetahs, even in Millennium plastics, but then again, I found even the DX Cheetahs themselves to be a bit lacking in this as well.

Eh, the thing that separates the JLS from the Cheetah/Polaris LS is the glide IMO. I have not run across any Cheetah run that glides like a JLS.

Latest posts