• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Met a Pro Today

I saw Paul Ulibarri at a course a few months ago. Someone from his group had left a disc on the hole I was on. I tossed it back to him and it was probably my most accurate throw of the day. He dropped it and his group started ribbing him about "That's why you throw them instead of catching them". It was also the first time I'd seen someone throw over 500', so they are definitely right about his throwing.

Met Stokley last week in Baton Rouge at one of his blue power autism events. He took the time out to acknowledge my stepson (5years old) and gave him one of the blue power atom putters .I though the dude was cooler than a fan. I forgot to get him to sign a disc I had..

Played a round with Scott Stokely yesterday. Dude is still healthy, can still throw pretty well, and can still knock down some sick putts.

I've met and walked rounds with: Will Schusterick, Paul McBeth, Simon Lizotte, Scott Stokely, Ricky Wysocki. Simon was by far the most approachable and easy to talk to. Paul was awesome as well but not as chatty. Will was all business but still gracious, Ricky was the least chatty but didn't mind signing autographs for the locals. Scott is a good guy but comes off as trying too hard, hard to explain what I mean, but everything seems scripted. As far as a certain veteran pro not mentioned in this paragraph, if it's true what several people have told me, his partying life style is of legendary proportions. lol...

Btw....has anyone noticed the woman pros seems a bit less approachable? They seem to be keep to themselves and not really engage the locals. Or have you noticed the opposite?

I've met and walked rounds with: Will Schusterick, Paul McBeth, Simon Lizotte, Scott Stokely, Ricky Wysocki. Simon was by far the most approachable and easy to talk to. Paul was awesome as well but not as chatty. Will was all business but still gracious, Ricky was the least chatty but didn't mind signing autographs for the locals. Scott is a good guy but comes off as trying too hard, hard to explain what I mean, but everything seems scripted. As far as a certain veteran pro not mentioned in this paragraph, if it's true what several people have told me, his partying life style is of legendary proportions. lol...

Btw....has anyone noticed the woman pros seems a bit less approachable? They seem to be keep to themselves and not really engage the locals. Or have you noticed the opposite?

I was seated directly across from Val, Nate and Avery at the 2010 Am World's flymart, they were taking pre-orders (I think) for a brand new bag called a "Grip". :D

All 3 were cool to talk to and very approachable, at the flymart and the pro clinic the next day

Any less approachable than other women that have peaked the interest of a strange man twice her age? :rolleyes:

Holy necro-bump, Halcon!

could be. I thought he lived in Menomonie Falls though. I could most definitely be wrong. My cousins live in Sheboygan...its about 30-40 mins north of me.

He's def from around the Madison area, not 100% sure what city tho. I played Token Creek a few weekends ago and all of the holes were sponsored by different local shops...then I noticed one was just sponsored by Barry :thmbup: Classy move for sure.

Then the next day I was driving north out of Madison and ~40 minutes out we passed a mom 'n' pop cheese shop called Schultz's. I wanted to stop and ask if there was any relation but my wife wasn't too keen on the idea :p

Barry is from shey-vegas. Lived in Milwaukee area for a long time. As well as Stevens Point.

Latest posts