• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Met my disc golfing neighbor yesterday

Pymm

* Ace Member *
So a neighbor who live behind my house (other side of privacy fence) kept hearing me ring the chains on my practice basket and stopped by yesterday. Sean and his wife had a kid a few months ago so disc golf has been impossible for him lately. He said that hearing the chains made him want to get out and play again and so he had to figure out who the other neighborhood disc golfer was. He is going out with me and my regular group this weekend, weather permitting. Kinda cool to know that my practice putts are ringing out through the neighborhood, maybe sort of reminding the tired, the overworked, the ones drowning in responsibility that disc golf is important, too, and they should get back out there.

That is pretty cool, and getting out with young kids in the house is d@mn-near impossible so keep inviting him even if he has to bail on a round or two.

That's an amazing story.

That is pretty cool, and getting out with young kids in the house is d@mn-near impossible so keep inviting him even if he has to bail on a round or two.

Yeah, it's cool for sure to meet a neighbor and bond over something I love. I will definitely keep inviting him out. I can't imagine the time/attention required for children.

Yeah, it's cool for sure to meet a neighbor and bond over something I love. I will definitely keep inviting him out. I can't imagine the time/attention required for children.

You mean disc golf isn't as important as children?! Looks like I've got my priorities all wrong :p Luckily, I don't have kids to worry about.

This makes me hopeful. I'm moving next Friday from a more rural setting to a suburban one. I have lots of space to ring some chains without disturbing neighbors. Won't be the case in my next place. But, maybe I should send out the bat signal with a couple chains and see if anyone bites.

Either that or go door to door asking if anyone in the house plays disc golf. Ha!

This makes me hopeful. I'm moving next Friday from a more rural setting to a suburban one. I have lots of space to ring some chains without disturbing neighbors. Won't be the case in my next place. But, maybe I should send out the bat signal with a couple chains and see if anyone bites.

Either that or go door to door asking if anyone in the house plays disc golf. Ha!

Good luck with your move! Hopefully, you find some people who play. I was wearing my Lat 64 t-shirt the other day at the supermarket and a guy saw me and said he plays. We talked disc golf for a minute or two and went on our way. There seems to be more people who play than you would think for a "niche" sport.

Pretty nice for that. My friend has a setup where the basket lies under a tree with dangling branches, that can and will alter your shot. Around 15+ feet out in some areas, you must navigate around a pool. It's cool on these ridiculously hot days because a jump putt can be a refreshing soak in the pool. Around 30+ feet, the pool acts as a hazard, to go along with a refreshing dip in the pool.

Latest posts