• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid January, mid fifties.

banknwank

Eagle Member
Above average temps in Colorado for January and a great day at the course with the family. Not everyone was as excited as my self but my wife, son and daughter joined me this afternoon for some dg. The local pitch and putt fits the bill for family outings with the longest hole being around 250. My 13 yo son went with his tomahawk all day and found a few birdies. My wife made some breakthroughs with nose up issues and found some better than average drives. She even parked one with her buzz for a tap in bird.
My 12 yo daughter was the least excited about playing disc golf today. She was throwing really well with her light weight kite and skeeter. She was even hitting and holding anny lines. On one tee shot she got all jazzed up and gave me a running/jumping high 5 on her way off the tee box. On another tee, she parked a 150ft skeeter right under the basket and informed me not to mess with her! She also reminded all of us that the tee box was hers because she birdied that last one......
I experimented with different discs/distances on thumbers and we all enjoyed a sunny afternoon in the middle of January, in Colorado . Same weather on the way for Sunday. I will be playing some more dg, even if it means I miss kick off for the broncos game.:eek:

Above average temps in Colorado for January and a great day at the course with the family. Not everyone was as excited as my self but my wife, son and daughter joined me this afternoon for some dg. The local pitch and putt fits the bill for family outings with the longest hole being around 250. My 13 yo son went with his tomahawk all day and found a few birdies. My wife made some breakthroughs with nose up issues and found some better than average drives. She even parked one with her buzz for a tap in bird.
My 12 yo daughter was the least excited about playing disc golf today. She was throwing really well with her light weight kite and skeeter. She was even hitting and holding anny lines. On one tee shot she got all jazzed up and gave me a running/jumping high 5 on her way off the tee box. On another tee, she parked a 150ft skeeter right under the basket and informed me not to mess with her! She also reminded all of us that the tee box was hers because she birdied that last one......
I experimented with different discs/distances on thumbers and we all enjoyed a sunny afternoon in the middle of January, in Colorado . Same weather on the way for Sunday. I will be playing some more dg, even if it means I miss kick off for the broncos game.:eek:

I might need to make a trip out there. I'm getting a little tired of the snow here in Steamboat. Apparently we have more snow than anyone on the continent right now. I guess the west coast is having a really bad year.

Awesome post. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate the best moments as they're happening. Here's to many more.

Moving to Denver in March from Fargo Nd where its been -20 for too long, although its 21 today so I am going out to throw some! Can not wait to be able to play all year round. :)

Hey bob, the north west high country has been getting hammered with snow. It was nice enough yesterday that the attic built up some heat, and the attack heat seems to permeate into the house after the sun gos down......I slept with my window open last night! The average high temp is prob around 40 this time of year, but hits 40 four about 10 min before the sun starts to loose elevation and temps quickly fall . It's not uncommon for a front to move in from the north and have temps below 0. It also seems like the weather patterns sees it's high midweek and another cold front hits for the weekend...... Not this time:D Last weekend I improved my local course record to +3 in windy conditions. Maybe I can finally post an even par round today. Wish me luck, cause I'll need it to find even par at badlands.:thmbup:

Its only going to be around 70 down here today. I might have to put a long sleeve shirt on for todays round!

50 degrees last weekend here in Buffalo but we had that blizzard early in the week so all the courses were just icey, muddy, flooded so I just wandered around playing the holes that were playable. I almost prefer calm 30 degree days. Solid ground, dont have to wipe my discs down after every throw and I dont come home covered in mud.

Moving to Denver in March from Fargo Nd where its been -20 for too long, although its 21 today so I am going out to throw some! Can not wait to be able to play all year round. :)
I played a 20 degree round earlier this year. If there's no wind, it's not that bad. I managed in a hoody an snow boarding pants. The snow boarding pants were a bit much and I was sweating my butt off. Just keep the dogs warm.

50 degrees last weekend here in Buffalo but we had that blizzard early in the week so all the courses were just icey, muddy, flooded so I just wandered around playing the holes that were playable. I almost prefer calm 30 degree days. Solid ground, dont have to wipe my discs down after every throw and I dont come home covered in mud.

I agree, if the marshy spots stay frozen it's better. I am selective about what course I play due to conditions and how I'm feeling that day.

I almost prefer calm 30 degree days. Solid ground, dont have to wipe my discs down after every throw and I dont come home covered in mud.

This time of year I agree. 25, sunny and no snow or wind would be better than 40. The ground is much easier to deal with when it's frozen.

What's the mid summer playing conditions like around high noon?

I looked it up and the average high for January 19th is 75 and the average low is 52 in Port Charlotte, FL.

Sounds like tough conditions.

DFW averages for 1/19 are high 53 and low 31. I thought we had it good. It's going to be 63 and sunny today though. I'm about to head out to the course.

Amazing disc weather lately. 28 when I woke up yesterday, then 73 for my afternoon round. Shorts and t-shirt, and more Ladies out on the course than I've ever seen...all in summer clothes which is a bit distracting...

Now if you want to talk about lack of water and drought restrictions, that's an entirely different story. Summer and fall are going to suck with fires everywhere.

Glad you are having warmer temps and a chance to play. Colorado is a beautiful state and I try to get up there often, usually to 4 wheel mountain passes around Ouray. We are heading for 70 degrees in S TX and I'm going to try to get my daughter out for a round after some practice with her new disc (Aero). Not much interest in the playoffs since the Packers were eliminated.

We have 50 degrees weather with 15mph wind here in Nebraska today. I outta get out soon, im sure it's bound to change.

I made it out today and didn't break my record......but I did improve my home course best by 5 throws over the last month. I posted a plus nine today for 18. Friend called and talked me into nine more and went even for nine . I guess I was getting stingy expecting to improve by three more throws. I was playing by myself for the first eighteen and the pace of play was a little too fast. And just wasn't throwing well and found ob three times. After the learning curve from first round and slower pace of play in second, I was able to make adjustments and stay even for nine. Got home for second quarter of broncos game an watched the broncos win for a trip to the big game.