• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] "Midnight Flyer" Glow Squall!

I've had a couple months to get familiar with the MF'er, so I thought I should update my review.

Other than my first test session, I hadn't actually thrown my Squalls back to back until yesterday. I recently bagged my Glow Squall to encourage more use. When my MF,er started wandering right, even hyzered, I decided to throw my old Proline to compare.

I was surprised to discover that while the MF'er has more glide, it has less fade than my Proline. It likes to hold a slight turning line, stall, and drop straight down, where my Proline fights back at the end. They're pretty close in distance, with the extra glide giving the MF'er 10-20ft more. But the same throw had them almost 50ft from one another, with the Proline short and 5-10ft left of target, and the Glow Squall level and 20-30ft right of the target. Wind tends to push the MF'er more than the Proline, too.

I didn't have the SP with me to do a full comparison, but my SP is a little longer, and the slightest bit more HSS than my Proline, and the MF'er has less HSS than my Proline, forcing me to hyzer way down to get a straight flight. The Glow Squall has the most glide and least fade of any of my Squalls. I've decided it doesn't have a place in my bag, but it will still be my first choice for night rounds.

The Glow Squall has the most glide and least fade of any of my Squalls. I've decided it doesn't have a place in my bag, but it will still be my first choice for night rounds.

So 1 year and 3 Glow Squalls later, I'm a super fan. It started about 3 months ago when I decided to play a round with just the MF'er to start developing my hyzer flip game. After a few holes of nailing my angles and getting it to do everything I wanted, I got bold and tried to shoot a gap, caught a tree, and it disappeared into the thickness. After calling off the search, I went home and promptly ordered another one.

I'm now bagging it, and I throw it a bunch. I really only reach for the SP in headwinds, and I used to always throw it. The Glow Squall is just more versatile and has a more forward fadeless finish. It's also sidelined my Glow Undertow as my turning driver. I took my new back up out for a few throws yesterday, and I was pushing it out past 350', which is about as far as I can throw anything. My old Proline will always be my favorite, but I think the MF'er is the best Squall.