• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Midwest Amateur Championships - Kansas City

reading all this makes me think about my commute. From KC, MO to KC, KS and back again every workday (which is about twenty miles one-way.) The way it sounds here I should get some feeling of travelling between two drastically different environments but it doesn't happen. :confused:

Registration will be closed soon as we are about full. I want to manually take in the remaining so if you want to register and it is closed online, please give me a call at 920-379-0056 or email [email protected]. As of now, below is what is available.

Spots Remaining for the Midwest Amateur Championships as of 7:30pm on 7/28/13

A Pool = 6
B pool = 2

MA1 - Advanced Men
FW1 - Advanced Women
MM1 - Amateur Masters
MG1 - Amateur Grand Masters
FW2 - Intermediate Women

Pool B:
MA2 - Intermediate Men
MA3 - Recreational Men

***IMPORTANT NOTE***
Registration will be closed soon as we are about full. I want to manually take in the remaining so if you want to register and it is closed online, please give me a call at 920-379-0056 or email [email protected]. As of now, below is what is available.

Spots Remaining for the Midwest Amateur Championships as of 12:00 pm on 7/29/13

A Pool = 2
B pool = 2

MA1 - Advanced Men
FW1 - Advanced Women
MM1 - Amateur Masters
MG1 - Amateur Grand Masters
FW2 - Intermediate Women

Pool B:
MA2 - Intermediate Men
MA3 - Recreational Men

reading all this makes me think about my commute. From KC, MO to KC, KS and back again every workday (which is about twenty miles one-way.) The way it sounds here I should get some feeling of travelling between two drastically different environments but it doesn't happen. :confused:

I'm sorry, and you are? My profile name is my actual real name.

I was speaking in terms of central MO to central KS.
Or central KS to central IA.
Or central MO to central WI.

Sean...why are you not signed up for this?!

I have a legit reason! lol I really would like to be playing this tournament and will definitely be there next year with a few practice rounds on those courses under my belt. I'll be in Lake of the Ozarks from the 2nd -5th of August at our family time share this year so unable to sign up for this one. Good luck to you man.

Got any course recommendations near Camdenton/Osage Beach Mo?

Got any course recommendations near Camdenton/Osage Beach Mo?

Dragon Ridge in Camdenton... Bring your hiking shoes and a billy goat caddie.

We've cut 9 holes for Dragon Cove at the lake, but the baskets aren't in yet. It will be the premier course in the area once completed.

Eldon is a few minutes away.... nothing special, but we've been working hard to make it nicer. New pads going in now.

If you can venture 45 minutes away, come up to Jefferson City and play our course. Folks generally like it quite a bit and we worked all day Sunday trimming and mowing.

There are some other newer courses near Camdenton that I've not played yet.

Dragon Ridge in Camdenton... Bring your hiking shoes and a billy goat caddie.

We've cut 9 holes for Dragon Cove at the lake, but the baskets aren't in yet. It will be the premier course in the area once completed.

Eldon is a few minutes away.... nothing special, but we've been working hard to make it nicer. New pads going in now.

If you can venture 45 minutes away, come up to Jefferson City and play our course. Folks generally like it quite a bit and we worked all day Sunday trimming and mowing.

There are some other newer courses near Camdenton that I've not played yet.

Sounds good man thanks.

I'm sorry, and you are?
Don't be sorry. :) I'm gratefulbuddy.
My profile name is my actual real name.
Cool. Good to know.
I was speaking in terms of central MO to central KS.
Or central KS to central IA.
Or central MO to central WI.
Okay. I was speaking in terms of Kansas City. Maybe you thought I was talking to you. I wasn't. If I had been, I would have quoted your post (like you did when speaking to me.) I was trying to add a little levity to the whole "midwest" debate. Sorry if you were not amused, I meant nothing personal against you. I always enjoy hearing others perspectives, if you don't enjoy mine, feel free to ignore me. Thanks

As of now, there is only 1 spot remaining in the Adv Mens (MA1) and 2 spots in the Recreational Men (MA3). All the other divisions are full. If you want to get on the waiting list, please let me know. I will be posting and emailing a detailed agenda for this weekend so everyone is ready for Saturday.

As a side note, Rosedale has two other events going on on Saturday so parking will be extremely limited. I highly recommend car-pooling if possible.

Don't be sorry. :) I'm gratefulbuddy.

Cool. Good to know.

Okay. I was speaking in terms of Kansas City. Maybe you thought I was talking to you. I wasn't. If I had been, I would have quoted your post (like you did when speaking to me.) I was trying to add a little levity to the whole "midwest" debate. Sorry if you were not amused, I meant nothing personal against you. I always enjoy hearing others perspectives, if you don't enjoy mine, feel free to ignore me. Thanks
I thought your driving statement was right on :hfive:.... I drive 32 miles each way into KC from the east side and terrain changes 3 times from flat to hills..... Ahhhh.... I wish I had all that gas money in a pile, I would swim through it like scrooge McDuck

This is the email I sent out to those I had email addresses for.

Hello MAC Competitors,

Here is some basic information that you might want to know going into this weekends 180 person (that's right. it is full) PDGA B' Tier Event.

A Pool
Advanced Men (MA1)
Advanced Women (FW1)
Amateur Masters (MM1)
Amateur Grand Masters (MG1)
Intermediate Women (FW2)

B Pool
Intermediate Men (MA2)
Recreational Men (MA3)

Schedule of Events

Friday August 2nd, 2013
Flex Start 1 Rounder at Rosedale 12-6. $10 and all standards divisions apply
Players Package Pick up, DDKC 10-8p

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013

A Pool - Water Works Check in 8-9am
B pool - Rosedale Check in 8-9am
Player packs can be picked up at DDKC anytime during the day. DDKC will open at 7:30am and be open until after the awards.

Awards will be held at Rosedale Park

**IMPORTANT INFORMATION**

Rosedale Park has two other events going on this day so parking will be a little more limited. Please car pool when possible and park in either the main parking lot near hole 1 or in the gravel parking lot near the island/softball fields.

Amateur Payout can be redeemed for this event at the DD RV onsite at Rosedale or the DDKC Store and as always you can save your payout to be used at a later day at the DDKC store only.

I will be onsite in the morning of the tournament and will help get the first rounds started but I have to leave immediately after the first round start. My mother retires from the Air Force that day in Wichita and I am going to be apart of her special day. Pete Cashen will be the Course Director for Water Works and Jeremy Rusco will be the Course Director for Rosedale.

If something has changed and you are unable to attend, please let me know as there are other players on the waiting list hoping to get to play this event.

If you have any questions, please let me know

Latest posts