• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mike's 2017 Bag

Replacement Axis is here, along with an eclipse Amp. Regular bag hasn't really changed aside from going from 2 Envys to 1. Been working the Vectors more lately.

Putting together a more minimal MVP bag to use once in a while to mix things up....here's what I'm thinking....

172g Soft Electron Ion - Putts
175g Soft Neutron Ion - drives
175g Eclipse Ion - (Seasoned) drives / upshots

178g Axis - (seasoned) turnover mid
175g Axis - fresh, straight mid
175g Vector - (seasoned) straight to fade
178g Vector - fresh, straight to earlier fade.

175g Eclipse Amp - Turnover fun
175g Eclipse Volt - (seasoned) laser
175g Eclipse Volt - fresh, straight to fade.

175g Eclipse Octane - Max D

Then I'll add either a Fireball or Nitro for OS duties, still debating which. Fireball powers down better and I like it for shorter stuff in general, Nitro skips better and makes a better general max D driver. Decisions decisions. Also gotta think of which courses would be the most fun to try out this bag with.

While It's not quite Ion/Vector/Volt simplicity, its still much more basic than my typical bag.

Couple of changes.

Octanes are currently out in favor of Mayhems.

Dropped Resistors for the first time since they released, the more I throw the Fireball the more I find myself preferring to power it down than carry another OS fairway driver.

I think that's about it.

172g S Electron Ion - putts
174g S Electron Ion - warm up putts

175g S Proxy x2 - One fresh, one seasoned
175g S Envy x2 - One fresh, one seasoned

Two Vectors, two Axis. Fresh and seasoned of each, all eclipse 175-178g

175g N Inspire
175g N Crave seasoned
175g N Crave fresh

175g N Insanity
175g N Wrath
175g N Fireball

170g Nitro
175g Mayhem x2
175g Vanish

The understable max D slot is one of my least used ones. I recently switched a Vanish in instead of the Catalyst I had been using based on how the Vanish was working for me during field work, but I don't think I've used it on the course since I bagged it. There was a hole at Rolling Pines I considering rolling a Vanish on, but I went with my Insanity instead due to familiarity.

Oh, I'm also messing around with Electron Vectors, but they haven't been made a permanent member of the bag yet.

I'm interested to see if I prefer Panics it to Nitros, the way Mayhems replaced Octanes. Guess I'll find out soon enough once I get to throw them.

Latest posts