• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Military base DG Courses

usafjonny04

I am currently stationed at Dyess AFB and am in the very early stages of trying to put a course on base. I'm starting to put a package/powerpoint together to present to our leadership. I was wondering if anybody had sample packages that they had presented to City Councils or Park Councils to get a course approved.

Also, has anyone ever helped design a course on a military base?

Any help I can get would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

good luck with that. I do know various branches do have dg courses on a few bases. I know Vandenberg AFB and Channel Islands base in CA have disc golf courses, I know Ive seen many more mentioned on bases. Some seem to have a decent rating, while others do not. Definately get help in designing the course. You could always contact the bases MWR that have disc golf courses and see how they went about doing that. Hopefully someone will have more help for you.

Contact Mike Sidebottom ( username m sidebottom ) on the Southern Nationals forum http://www.sndg.org/forum/. He's put in 3 courses and continues to stay active with the Blue Angle Park disc golf courses on Pensacola Naval Air Station. He's probably have a lot of good information on what it took to get started and get everything through the approval process. If it's going on base land, you're more than likely not going to have to deal with City Council or Parks and rec locally.

There is one on FE Warren AFB in Cheyenne, Wyoming. It is bad but mostly due to lack of elevation and trees. Just plain boring land.

I am pretty sure that the DGA website has a bunch of boilerplate documentation for pitching a new course.

I am currently stationed at Dyess AFB and am in the very early stages of trying to put a course on base. I'm starting to put a package/powerpoint together to present to our leadership. I was wondering if anybody had sample packages that they had presented to City Councils or Park Councils to get a course approved.

Also, has anyone ever helped design a course on a military base?

Any help I can get would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

email me!
[email protected]

California has 5-6 courses on military bases. MWR is definitely the way to go. I used the MWR to get a course put on a base 7 years ago. DGA and innova will send sample packets out and there are a ton of people on here who have them.

this is cool to see. I leave in 12 days for BCT to Ft Sill, then have 44 weeks at Ft Sam Houston. I did check surrounding courses and there seem to be a decent amount near San Antonio. Im going to keep an eye on this

Im currently here at Dyess and if you need anything just email me and i will do what i can. i sent you a message on your page with my email on there. both work and personal

Latest posts