• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium omega supersoft putter

I use the BlowFly as well, tried the Omega SuperSoft for windy conditions. I soon found out that if I put more spin into the BlowFly it worked better.

I actually think the Omega SuperSoft has a similar feel in my hand as the BlowFly. However I don't like the feel of an Avair, or at least the Avairs that I have tried.

<< Jealous. I WANT to use the blowfly but cant commit to it. I cant get a great release with it and Ive had bad luck with it for windy situations.

Same for me Dut....wind and blowflies just don't normally mix....if I'm on flat ground, even in wind and wide open <unless I'm outside of 30'>, I'll still go to my blowfly. If there is any elevation and windy, I'll pull out the Omega ss, it's just more stable and won't be as affected by the wind. As far as getting commited to the blowfly...just stick with it, it took a while for me to adjust to it as well. May want to try the same approach as I do, use something else during windy conditions.

<< Jealous. I WANT to use the blowfly but cant commit to it. I cant get a great release with it and Ive had bad luck with it for windy situations.

Try a faster release. I was always wanting to baby my putts to the chains, a faster release puts more spin on the BlowFly which negates alot of the wind issues.

I love my omega ss it's a 1.14 so it must be an earlier one. I keep it in my bag at all the times and probably use it 6-7 times a round. I'm still trying to "find my go to putter" right now I carry a omega ss, soft challenger, kc aviar, jk aviar, and a pig.

I currently use a wizard and ss omega. I like them both. Can't sink a putt outside of 10 ft consistently, but thats not the disc choking.

I don't like aviars but I do like soft, grippy plastic so maybe it'll be a good trade off.

Try a Soft Magnet. My brother and my daughter both use one and they both do well with them. My brother has nailed several 70 ft putts with his.

I just discovered the Avair by accident. I had bought one for my nephew, and he didn't like it. I took it with my to work, because I pass a course every night. I noticed this putter really worked well. I tried it out on my home course today and it seemed to work really well. The wind did effect it a little bit. Does the Omega do better in the wind?

I used to throw omegas, but recently switched to the KC aviar. They're great putters though, really set the standard for "putter plastics" I hit several 85-100 footers with mine.

I used to throw omegas, but recently switched to the KC aviar. They're great putters though, really set the standard for "putter plastics" I hit several 85-100 footers with mine.

How does it fly compaired to the regular Aviar?

pretty similar, the aviar has a little more fade at a distance, my omegas generally held their line pretty true.

SELL IT TO ME!
I love Omega SuperSoft putters. (the old ones).
I have four 1.12's.... and if ANYONE else has one and does not like it, HIT ME UP.
Everytime I see someone on a golf course who has an old one... I offer them money/discs/green... anything. I just like 'em, and want to collect as many as I can before they're impossible to find.

They're great for 90' and in, especially if you need the disc to sit without rolling down the mountain. And as previously mentioned, they have magnetic abilities to stick to the chains. You could litterally catch the last link (on the strong side) and have it grab and stick. They also wedge in the basket nicely if you happen to accidentally putt low. They're not too good on a 100 degree afternoon after your approach shot sits on the ground for ten minutes while the rest of the group is putting out.

Anyway... now that I have told everyone the benefits, I probably won't have anyone trying to sell me theirs. But, if you do have one, and don't like it, send it my way.
DSCJNKY

I decided to go back to my Soft Magnet. The damn thing just works. Hell, I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ya think an omega ss on a 100 deg day is flimsy, try the blowfly...almost melts in your hands......but it will stick in the chains!!!

Ya think an omega ss on a 100 deg day is flimsy, try the blowfly...almost melts in your hands......but it will stick in the chains!!!

I just got a blow fly, and its a nice and soft disc, but I find it hard to control. My Soft Magnet is not as soft as the blow fly, but I have much more control with it. If you have never tried a Soft Magnet, you should. They only cost about $8. My brother lost his Champ Avair that he had for years, and I gave him a Soft Magnet to replace it with and he loves it. His putting has improved 50%. He has made several very long putts and approach shots since he started using it. My daughter also prefers to use the SM and she has not been playing very long.

Alright, I bought one of these just for kicks, it is a 1.24...from what I read, the lower the run number the better, right? So is mine not gonna grab as much?

The first year I played disc golf I tried a lot of different putters. I finally settled on the Omega SS. I like the "feel" of the softer plastic. I haven't found a huge variance in flight between the runs. I have a couple of new older ones stashed but I'm currently throwing a 1.23 mainly with a 1.24 I'm breaking in. No complaints with those two! I usually carry two. Each disc lasts me 2-3 years so I'm only replacing a disc once a year at worst.
As others have said I like the fact that if you're playing a woods course (there are a lot of them here in Western Washington) and you smack a tree with the Omega it doesn't ricochet as far as a harder disc would. They also have a tendency to not roll.
I think that good putting is all about confidence and for me I think the Omega SS is the best putter available!

Latest posts