• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini Buzz & Smaller Diameter Discs

ColonelDracula

Par Member
I got a Mini-Buzz, and it is a lot of fun.
It makes short-length holes very challenging again.
This got me wondering though about making a closer
to half-sized discs (compared to full).

I don't know how seriously the mini-buzz will be taken. Probably
not at all as it is a novelty of sort. However, this got me wondering
about a substantial small disc. This would make shorter courses a sort of
real challenge again. Our local course has holes so short just standing without
run-up and using a putter is still too easy.

Say, a disc around 6.5 inches or so in diameter?

I was just wondering if anyone else would like them, especially for training?

One time before a basketball game I was f'ing around with one of those mini balls. My coach told me to stop being an idiot before I got too used to a different feel.

I tihnk more people are taking to the Mini-Buzzz than super class. Maybe chuck had it backwards. Rather than go bigger, go smaller.

Meh.....just a gimmick to me. I currently find no fun deficit in the real game, that needs a gimmick to hold my interest. I got one, threw it around for a few minutes. Ooooo.....a small Frisbee, neat.....let's go play.

^^^Yes, they are.

I could see the Lil' Wiz becoming a popular choice for some fun courses. Turn traditional par 3's into 4s and 5s. Would be fun.

:thmbup:

Those Lil Wiz are fun to throw, the mini Buzzz doesn't have the same amount of enjoyment for me as the Lil Wiz.

Meh.....just a gimmick to me. I currently find no fun deficit in the real game, that needs a gimmick to hold my interest. I got one, threw it around for a few minutes. Ooooo.....a small Frisbee, neat.....let's go play.

Pretty much. Even normal minis (good ones) fly well. lil wiz is cool but not very "lid like".

Maybe if i had a mini course to play..? But dont see that happening anytime soon.

I keep a Lil Wiz in the car for the rare time people want to play catch, but I never really cared to throw a round with it.

That would be awesome.

I've said it before, but a mini/medium sized course with appropriate baskets would be super popular.

That would be awesome.

I've said it before, but a mini/medium sized course with appropriate baskets would be super popular.

Perhaps, but for me it would be like putt-putt golf. Cool to play every four or five years with your grandpa, mom and cousins up north.

I've really enjoyed throwing the Mini Buzzz. So much so that I'm running a little 9 hole Mini Buzzz Challenge at SFDGC in October. Going to play the regular front 9 of the course. Might put some cardboard circles on the underside of the baskets, or just have the rules that as long as someone sees the Mini Buzzz go into the basket (from the top), it counts, even though it may fall thru.

I keep a Lil Wiz in the car for the rare time people want to play catch, but I never really cared to throw a round with it.

This is what I have ended up using it for the most. Warm-ups especially. Don't want to go to the field and throw my arm out, but can throw a true hyzer/any/FH with it to get into rhythm.

Rumor has it Discraft is going to eventually release a mini Magnet & 2 mini Drivers, I think mini golf is the goal