• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mini questions.

fountg

Par Member
I don't have any mini's but I understand the purpose for them. My first question is how to get one? I don't care what It looks like, which is why Id rather not pay more than a couple bucks for one, but ordering online means with shipping its going to end up being 5 bucks+, and Id rather not spend even that on just a marker, But I would like to have one. Any suggestions?

Also, what is the purpose of the mini's that are designed to fly like regular discs? Do people really use mini's? Or are they just for those mini baskets? I wouldn't think there would be a big enough market for them to make little mini Roc's and magnets and all that. Who knows? Enlighten me.:\

Trade for them, buy them in a brick and mortar, buy them on the MP here, buy them when ordering a disc online so you don't just pay shipping for a mini, play/watch tournaments and buy them there.

You answered your own question regarding designed to fly. Yes, they use them. Not necessarily to play DG, but for mini baskets or screwing around with friends.

Minis can be fun to throw, but aren't legal to throw in competition. Have a long drive contest with your buddies, you'd be surprised how far some of them can fly.

As for getting them. A lot of tournaments, clubs, leagues, etc give them away as part of their swag. I have tons at home. Aside from that, your best bet is to just add one to your cart next time you order discs online. That way you're not paying just to have a mini shipped to you.

Not many tourneys around me and no club at all. No brick and morter locations either outside of Walmart's DX Innova stuff. I suppose I could order one with a disc sometime, Ive just never understood the pricing on some sites for minis. Seems like they would be on the extreme cheap side of things (1-3 bucks) but alot of times they are almost double that it seems.

And for the other thing, yeah I figured you could just screw around with them, I just never understood paying extra for a mini of an established disc just for something to screw off with. To each there own I guess though.

Got mine at "the dollar tree". just a mini ironman Frisbee. 1 dollar. Don't know if they have them where you are. It is an everything is a dollar store. Check it out.

Not many tourneys around me and no club at all. No brick and morter locations either outside of Walmart's DX Innova stuff. I suppose I could order one with a disc sometime, Ive just never understood the pricing on some sites for minis. Seems like they would be on the extreme cheap side of things (1-3 bucks) but alot of times they are almost double that it seems.

And for the other thing, yeah I figured you could just screw around with them, I just never understood paying extra for a mini of an established disc just for something to screw off with. To each there own I guess though.

There may be a league or tourney by you & you didn't even know it
http://www.discgolfscene.com/

I can easily get a nice long s shaped flight out of my mvp nano, pretty sweet mini for throwing.

I got a whole bucket load at home...they actually don't all fit in the basket of my mini basket at once.
if you want a mini just for marking, I'll send you one if you pay for shipping. Or better yet, buy a disc from my MP thread, and I'll send you one for free.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he has collected 125+ minis

Find an Ace Race near you. They give you a mini every year. Also there is a course near me designed for minis. You think putting one in a regular sized basket is hard, try hitting one of those little bastards, I mean baskets.

Find an Ace Race near you. They give you a mini every year. Also there is a course near me designed for minis. You think putting one in a regular sized basket is hard, try hitting one of those little bastards, I mean baskets.

Our local club sets up a course every year for our Ace Race/Day Glow doubles event. It's such a great course, I wish it were in the ground yearround. As much fun as mini golf is, I may have to plan a trip to your neck of the woods to try a permanent course.

Latest posts