• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minimalist golf shoes?

i got the nb minimus trail runners they hold up pretty good. The nice thing about a shoe with a zero heel drop is that you will get your weight on the balls of your feet.

For those who like Merrell shoes but don't like their customer service, I have some advice. If you buy your Merrells from REI, you can bring them back to any store and return them for an immediate refund or exchange, no questions asked, no matter how long it has been since you bought them. And if you're an REI member and bought them with your membership, you don't even need to bring proof of purchase, because they can verify your proof of purchase based on your purchase history in their POS system. REI's lifetime satisfaction guarantee has no strings attached, and it is second to none. And they sell a lot of different Merrells, including the Moab. They also sell the Vibram minimalist shoes, which is where I bought my Five Fingers. I have tried the Five Fingers for disc golf, but at the disc golf park, I prefer to have thicker soles to deal with the roots, sweet gum balls, and such when I'm throwing from the fairway. I did not have any problems with grip on the concrete tee pads, and if you're worried about the quality of the soles, remember that they are Vibram rubber soles. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I've been playing in Merrel Trail Gloves for about six months. On my second pair, but got them from REI, so no worries bout getting them replaced (first pair the sole is separating from the toe on my plant foot, and the tread is nearly gone).
They were the first shoes that didn't make my feet hurt after playing. No socks, no blisters…but they do make my feet smell horrible.

I love my north face hedgehogs. They have vibram soles and gore-tex. So far I have had no trouble with traction, support or wet feet so I will be buying another pair when these wear out.

Attachments

• shoes 001.jpg
    shoes 001.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 10
  • shoes 002.jpg
    shoes 002.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 8
I got the NB Minimus trail shoes and I really dig them so far. One round in and they are great. Hopefully they hold up well enough!

I have played a few rounds in my Asics flats, thier very comfy, but not as grippy as trail shoes.

My NB Minimus trail shoes are probably the most comfortable disc golf shoes I have ever worn. The only downside is their durability. The sole started to separate from the shoe after about a month of wear. I probably play 5-7 rounds a week so they might last longer for others.

My shoes usually blow out on the outer edge of my right (pivot) shoe but for some reason these wore out on the inside of my left shoe. I'm pretty hard on my shoes and use them for disc golf, weight lifting, golf, softball and everything else. Here are the three other pairs I went through last year.

i wouldnt buy merrells. they make it a pain in the ass to get the shoes warrantied. i had a pair start falling apart literally 3 days after i got them, sent them an email with pics and they told me to send them in and theyll decode wether to replace them or not and it could take up to 2 weeks or more. f that. no more merrells for me even tho they performed well

They had great customer service with me. I sent them an email as well and they told me the same story. I got the paper work and less than a week after I sent mine out I had a brand new pair that was actually better (gortex) than the original. I had mine for around a year and a shoe lace eyelet pulled out. It was a pain shipping them out, but I think that is their way of keeping false claims down. Thumbs up for Merrel.

Latest posts