• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minimizing Mistakes

one throw at a time

visualize target areas where you would like to land (areas that have a higher percentage for making the next shot or putt)

don't be a hero

as has already been said, analyze your options, don't just throw from the first look

If your brain doesn't automatically say, "I got this," then consider something other than what you're currently thinking.

Then, when not in a competitive game, remember all of the shots you lacked confidence on and take those during practice so as to add them to your "I got this bag."

Last edited:
If your brain doesn't automatically say, "I got this," then consider something other than what you're currently thinking.

Then, when not in a competitive game, remember all of the shots you lacked confidence on and take those during practice so as to add them to your "I got this bag."

Exactly. Not promoting "laying up" but playing "within yourself" Practice is the time to learn new things. The tournament is when you perform what you can do best as best you can.

I used to have blow up holes early in competitive rounds pretty often. I was pushing hard for birdies. As others have said, this strategy did not help me. I now start off by just kinda throwing the disc over in that direction, seeing what shot it leaves me. As the round progresses I will throw more aggressive lines and add more power to my game. Also on par fours you don't always want the most distance from your first shot.

I play the same game, and working on my grip has helped straighten out the shot. Next was swallowing the pride and taking the safe shot/ smart shot