• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MO-AR-TN-MS-AL 11/17-12/1

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
This was originally Socal or Florida. Time limitations dictated that maybe we won't spend half of the trip driving across the country.

Open to recommendations. Hidden gems. Private course experiences. Courses with camping on site. Must play courses. Also I prefer to play new to me courses. Also would be interested in events/leagues/meetups/course guides, etc. I've only really been researching for a few minutes, but here's what I've come up with so far.

Friday night drive from WI to Ft Madison Iowa by midnight or better, camp there and play the new course there in the morning.

Sat.
Rodeo-Frontier
Sever Lake.
GreenHornet's course near macon - camp there Saturday night.

Sun.
Harmony Bends.
The Dam Course
Dragon Ridge

Days as they work out for the remainder of the trip..
Joe's Course?
Branson Trails
JMB
Disc Side of Heaven
Craighead Forest
Meeman Shelby
Bud Hill
Tishomingo
Florence AL courses
Joe Wheeler
Huntsville are courses
Maybe some Western GA courses before heading back north through Nashville and Western KY.

It doesn't sound like it but if you get near the I-40/I-49 area in Arkansas I would recommend playing Eagle Crest in Van Buren, Ar.

It's not a pro course but it is the best course I have played (only played 6). It has a large beautiful pond, woods, and some nice elevation changes.

Hole 1 is right beside the boys and girls club and plays along the pond. You throw across it on 2 then the course breaks off into the woods. Bringing your hiking shoes and a good disc for tunnel shots. It stays there through hole 8. The 9th tee is a beautiful view overlooking the pond before you launch your disc down the side of the dam (if I remember right the hole is about 250 but drops about 100'). The back 9 is more open with longer holes but has enough elevation to keep things interesting. I'm trying to think of ANY reason to find my way back over there with enough time to play that one again.

Glow at Indian Camp Creek in Foristel, Mo 11/18. Sign up 4 and tee off at 5. I believe we saw you there a few years ago

I would play Treehouz over Trails if I could only pick one Branson Course. Disc Side of Heaven has a tournament going on this weekend so watch out for that. If you hit it early next week though, it should be in pretty good shape.

I would play Treehouz over Trails if I could only pick one Branson Course. Disc Side of Heaven has a tournament going on this weekend so watch out for that. If you hit it early next week though, it should be in pretty good shape.

Have already played treehouz. Have heard lots about trails, looking forward to checking it out.

Definitely hit Branson trails. And you get to bag 2 courses! Blue is intense, but you strike me as the kind of guy who would like a course like that. My personal favorite, though I wonder what it will be like this time of year.

Hobbs is awesome, and I don't think it was built in your last trip to GA. If you come through PM me.

And home. Right around 50 courses played over the course of 13 days. Very few "filler" courses. Several kind of bland. Several phenomenal. Played in all the states mentioned above, plus GA, KY and IN.

And home. Right around 50 courses played over the course of 13 days. Very few "filler" courses. Several kind of bland. Several phenomenal. Played in all the states mentioned above, plus GA, KY and IN.

Inquiring minds want to know... Where were the phenomenal? When someone has played over 1300 courses people listen!

Latest posts