• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moraine vs. Deer Lakes (Which is Better?)

If I had to pick one to play forever I think it'd be Moraine. Just for the seclusion factor. As previously mentioned Deer Lakes is in a multi use county park. Playing along side picnic tables, playground equipment & roads. At Moraine, which is in a bigger state park, you definitely feel like it's just you and the course out there.

The golf at both is top notch.

Big Beaver

Talked to someone from their Facebook page yesterday and he said that it is currently 12 baskets but that they are planning on putting in 2 more baskets on Saturday. Definitely enough there to get me interested in playing.

Hey now this is a family site, easy on your stories of "toad tripping" :gross::D

"Toad tripping" refers to my tripping after toad licking, for the hallucinogenic rush.

Some people eat fugu to get that tingly sensation from the toxins... so how different is toad tripping?

Last edited:
Close

They are both excellent courses. I have a friend who lives near Linbrook so I have played Deer Lakes about 10 times and Moraine about 15 (and Knob Hill more than 25 times). My preference is Moraine but his is Deer Lakes. Deer Lakes has better tee pads and signs but I enjoy the play more at Moraine. Mainly it is because I find Deer Lakes 7-9 kind of boring and I really don't care for 15. I know it is a 'signature' hole but I don't have the arm/skill to clear the lake from the tee so it's always the same for me - throw to the edge of the lake, try to sink the next throw and then drop in my 3. So it's boring for me, pretty - but boring:|. I am really looking forward to my next trip there so I can play No Boundary DGC at North Boundary Park. I am assuming the name is a play on words.