• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Annoying Sound Ever on a DGC

There is large pond next to Trophy Lakes (next to hole 4's teepad) where people race miniature speed boats. When you are playing 1-9 there is a distinct bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise that is annoying. If you have seen the 2009 Charleston Classic Clash DVD at Trophy Lakes, that is the background sound you are hearing through the first several holes. Sidenote, I also enjoy bagpipes (had a bagpipe player at our wedding) but someone recently posed the question to some friends and myself when they were visiting Charleston because they said they were annoyed by them. The question, "how do you know when bagpipes are out of tune?"

Last edited:
....that and people who play music and don't have the common courtesy to ask if it bothers anyone

Music doesn't bother me, but I know it bothers others. I have a set of speakers that I use when my group, and any around us say it is fine, but I always check. I also keep a set of headphones around in case the music does bother someone. I'm here for fun, but that doesn't mean I want to take away from someone else's.

I'll chime in with my hatred for people carting music around with them on the course. Why...Why do people like listening to music through the miniature speakers on today's small electronic devices? Ugh.

I also agree with cell phone use on the course. Leave it in the car. I'm guessing your dialog can wait 45 minutes until the round is over.

The most annoying sound is the one my disc makes when it hits the side of the basket.
Three pages, and you all missed it?

I have to keep my phone on me for work, I try to be polite, and it's not ringing off the hook.

Dubstep being played out of the backpack speakers of some casual playing 18 year old.

That guy who likes to tell you what HE throws on every hole, as if he is doing you a favor.

Also, the phrase "Grooves are great sidearm discs."

Most obnoxious ambient, natural sounds I've heard so far: the thousands of frogs mating in the marshy area toward the back of the Lobdell Open last spring.

Loudest sound I've heard on a course was a train going by the Super Summer Slammer tourney at Riney B in 2012. That train sounded as if half its wheels were locked and scraping metal against metal for about five minutes as it passed.

Today it was a guy who brought his out of control dog and had a (real) need to yell the dog's name at least three times every hole. There was a bit of ironic payback when he parked the next to last hole and his dog retrieved his disc for him. Lots of yelling was involved.

Most obnoxious ambient, natural sounds I've heard so far: the thousands of frogs mating in the marshy area toward the back of the Lobdell Open last spring.

I guess thousands of little rythmic slapping sounds could be pretty annoying---especially if you're trying to putt. :D:p

But seriously, that's a good sound---like the presence of bees, a large frog pop. is a sign of a healthy environment. That sound is currently disappearing from widely separate places.

Last edited:
People who loves bagpipes > 40 years of age lol
Yeah, but I loved them when I was < 40 years of age too, this song being one reason.

My most annoying sound is random idiots yelling at you from cars. People who do that should be drawn and quartered.

Last edited:

Latest posts