• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Annoying Sound Ever on a DGC

Music. It's as distracting to me as people talking during your drive. I just don't like it...put on headphones if you really NEED the music that bad. I don't even want to hear the Dead on the course, and I love the Dead. I'm not that good, and I need every bit of concentration I can muster up.

What I do love is nature. Especially during the fall, there's not much that compares to an early morning (7am) solo round, with nobody else on the course. It's literally one of my favorite things in life. The sounds of nature around you (on the right course, of course), and nothing else....is really a beautiful thing. I find myself just sitting for minutes at the beginning of a hole soaking it in.

lol... i was going to post the same thing. i need to learn to get over it and go with the flow. i get angry and then my game goes to sh!t. :wall:

I will also vote for people with the little speakers blaring away. Unless it is music I like, and it never is unless me and my best friend are throwing.

Thank you for saying this, because that's really why it bothers most people.

....that and people who play music and don't have the common courtesy to ask if it bothers anyone

Or the dude who joins a group that has already established that no cares, then is mad that the rest of the group won't accommodate them.

I'll chime in with my hatred for people carting music around with them on the course. Why...Why do people like listening to music through the miniature speakers on today's small electronic devices? Ugh.

Why do people like throwing plastic into metal baskets? It's enjoyable.

In a rough order, starting with the worst:

#1 Somebody else's music playing on anything, good speakers or not.

#2 Somebody dropping F-bombs and MF-bombs on the course, at any volume, anytime.

#3 Somebody yelling at the disc for hitting a tree or missing the putt.

What about your music? The rest I agree with.

I'm also that guy with the speaker, as I like to hear what my disc hits on bad throws, but also like music to keep me in the groove while practicing. However I play my music at a volume where I can barely hear it 10' from my bag, never use the speaker on a new course, silence my music when approaching other groups, and keep headphones in my bag for when the course is crowded, so hopefully I'm being as courteous as possible.

You are too nice, if you are approaching that group, sure turn it down, but if they are approaching you, they have invaded your space. No need to adjust. You have just as much right to listen as they have to not.

Fixed that for ya.

My biggest one is the music. I love music. I listen to it all week at work and at home. One of the things I love about disc golf is getting out in nature.

Nature does not include P. Diddy, Justin Beiber, and definitely not Kids Bop. I hate music while I'm trying to play.

So you don't mind music, just particular kinds of music. Interesting....

Music. It's as distracting to me as people talking during your drive. I just don't like it...put on headphones if you really NEED the music that bad. I don't even want to hear the Dead on the course, and I love the Dead. I'm not that good, and I need every bit of concentration I can muster up.

What I do love is nature. Especially during the fall, there's not much that compares to an early morning (7am) solo round, with nobody else on the course. It's literally one of my favorite things in life. The sounds of nature around you (on the right course, of course), and nothing else....is really a beautiful thing. I find myself just sitting for minutes at the beginning of a hole soaking it in.

During a tournament, I completely agree, put in your headphones. During casual play, suck it up my friend. League play depends solely on who is in charge of the league or the members on your card.

I love early morning solo rounds as well. No music needed. Best round I ever had was on a Christmas morning at 8 am, 15 degrees out, fresh snow. Amazing!

Also, for those of you complaining about music, you want to hear that or some obnoxious a-hole who talks $#!& the whole time. :\

The icecream truck that parks in Solana canyon next to chavez ridge dgc, not only can you hear the music from almost the entire course, it also has this weird voice that says "Hello?!?" ever 30 seconds or so. :wall:

Have to agree with the majority: music.

I love music. I always have music playing at home, work, in the car, etc... I am a musician myself.

I don't love YOUR music. I especially don't like being forced to listen to YOUR music. Earphones FTW!

Also, for those of you complaining about music, you want to hear that or some obnoxious a-hole who talks $#!& the whole time. :\

Sounds odd, but yeah. I kind of laugh at trash talkers, and it actually puts me more into a zone...unless they're talking during my swing, which is just rude and inappropriate...and may elicit a different response.

For anyone who hates rap, "hippie music", dub or any other type of music...tell me more. Tell me more about how the music you like is objectively better. Come on guys..its clearly a measurable science and not simply ones palate and you can school me up on how whatever genre you prefer is the best.

All of your distastes are based on faulty stereotypes of the people listening to the music. People like you make the world absolutely boring. Like your ears are so precious that sound waves SHALL NOT ENTER your ears. You only jump on these people because it's socially an acceptable time to bitch about the youth and make small talk. You're the ones who need to grow up.

Salsa music at ridiculous volumes. Common thing to hear at my home course on a summer weekend. Im talking like full blown huge sound system. And they set it up in a little pavilion for a party of like 50 people but blast it so loud the whole park has to hear it. Its just rude and inconsiderate to all park users.

Salsa music at ridiculous volumes. Common thing to hear at my home course on a summer weekend. Im talking like full blown huge sound system. And they set it up in a little pavilion for a party of like 50 people but blast it so loud the whole park has to hear it. Its just rude and inconsiderate to all park users.

Pretty sure they have to get a park permission request to set this up. In which case, they have the city's permission to not care what you think. And unless you have a park permission slip that is date before theirs, your out of luck.

You want to know why golfers don't have to deal with music....BECAUSE THEY PAID LOTS OF MONEY NOT TOO! If you want to be away from music and other outside noise, be ok with paying to play. Otherwise, you're just whining.

I like pretty much any music besides newish country, and it has nothing to do with the redneck yokels that listen to it (I kid). I just prefer to not hear it while I'm playing.

Pretty sure they have to get a park permission request to set this up. In which case, they have the city's permission to not care what you think. And unless you have a park permission slip that is date before theirs, your out of luck.

You want to know why golfers don't have to deal with music....BECAUSE THEY PAID LOTS OF MONEY NOT TOO! If you want to be away from music and other outside noise, be ok with paying to play. Otherwise, you're just whining.

I think its more the type of people playing golf. even the drunks know its inconsiderate to play music while others are trying to concentrate.

It has nothing to do with the "type of person" that plays golf. Drunk golfers are way more obnoxious than drunk discers. Especially when they have a cart.

I am curious as to what type of person plays golf as opposed to throwing disc. Are you say that wealthy white men keep the volume down better than middle to low income disc golfers. If that's the case and the group of people you would like disc golfers to emulate, then why not just assimilate with crowd.

Why should someone be forced to not enjoy their time throwing, because it makes "you" feel off your game? Get a better game.

Now, if you're talking about a tournament, where there are rules that stipulate against music, then absolutely make them turn it off.

But remember, disc golf was founded on the idea of "whoever has the most fun wins." Right now, I'm winning! (Where you at Charlie!?)

It has nothing to do with the "type of person" that plays golf. Drunk golfers are way more obnoxious than drunk discers. Especially when they have a cart.

I am curious as to what type of person plays golf as opposed to throwing disc. Are you say that wealthy white men keep the volume down better than middle to low income disc golfers. If that's the case and the group of people you would like disc golfers to emulate, then why not just assimilate with crowd.

Why should someone be forced to not enjoy their time throwing, because it makes "you" feel off your game? Get a better game.

Now, if you're talking about a tournament, where there are rules that stipulate against music, then absolutely make them turn it off.

But remember, disc golf was founded on the idea of "whoever has the most fun wins." Right now, I'm winning! (Where you at Charlie!?)

Ever heard of headphones? U are the type of person I'm talking about

Last edited:
Some people are really closed minded. Go ahead and hate all the young "hippies", stoners and punks. The problem is that you'd probably consider me one if you met me, and I'll beat most of your up-tight asses on the course. You post on here all day and bitch about the hoodlums and probably have 850 ratings

For anyone who hates rap, "hippie music", dub or any other type of music...tell me more. Tell me more about how the music you like is objectively better. Come on guys..its clearly a measurable science and not simply ones palate and you can school me up on how whatever genre you prefer is the best.

All of your distastes are based on faulty stereotypes of the people listening to the music. People like you make the world absolutely boring. Like your ears are so precious that sound waves SHALL NOT ENTER your ears. You only jump on these people because it's socially an acceptable time to bitch about the youth and make small talk. You're the ones who need to grow up.

Stereotypes exist for a reason haha

Where I used to live there was a guy who would always go out and play his flute around the course. Not so much annoying but I did feel like I was playing disc golf in Camelot from time to time.

Some people are really closed minded. Go ahead and hate all the young "hippies", stoners and punks. The problem is that you'd probably consider me one if you met me, and I'll beat most of your up-tight asses on the course. You post on here all day and bitch about the hoodlums and probably have 850 ratings

Why does it matter if you can beat those people or what they are rated? Isn't disc golf about having fun and not ratings? What if these same people said they would beat you in things like knowledge, income etc? How would you feel?

I'd rather not listen to music while playing but i have a buddy i occassionally play with who listens to music during our rounds and after a while i'm able to just block it out. What does bother me is the large group of bros and their skanks who are drinking cheap beer and burning dirt. Usually a group of 8 to 10 who share their four wide rimmed drivers and who whoot and holler after every single throw. That pisses me off.

Why does it matter if you can beat those people or what they are rated? Isn't disc golf about having fun and not ratings? What if these same people said they would beat you in things like knowledge, income etc? How would you feel?

That's entirely my point. What's it matter if someone listens to music you don't like? unless somebody is REALLY blasting music you need to get over it. As I won't judge someone for spending 100s or 1000s of dollars on equipment and discs and still playing terrible, I don't want to be judged for falling into your sweeping generalizations.

That's entirely my point. What's it matter if someone listens to music you don't like? unless somebody is REALLY blasting music you need to get over it. As I won't judge someone for spending 100s or 1000s of dollars on equipment and discs and still playing terrible, I don't want to be judged for falling into your sweeping generalizations.

Get off my lawn!

Awfully sensitive for somebody who's so open minded.

Latest posts