• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Annoying Sound Ever on a DGC

That's entirely my point. What's it matter if someone listens to music you don't like? unless somebody is REALLY blasting music you need to get over it. As I won't judge someone for spending 100s or 1000s of dollars on equipment and discs and still playing terrible, I don't want to be judged for falling into your sweeping generalizations.

I think some people (not me I'm pretty chill at the course) may not like the message the music sends or think the lyrics are inappropriate.

Forcing people to listen to ur music is rude. End of story. Wear headphones, or ask If its a problem before joining a group. If u are playing in ur own group. Or by urself play it all u want. The course isnt that small. I would just let u play through if I didnt like the music

Flies hitting off of my hat in Maine. Of course, it's better that they're gittin off my hat and not biting me, but still, that sound really makes me crazy!

Have to agree with the majority: music.

I love music. I always have music playing at home, work, in the car, etc... I am a musician myself.

I don't love YOUR music. I especially don't like being forced to listen to YOUR music. Earphones FTW!

spot on.

it's funny how some are whining about others whining about what kind of music is playing instead of the fact that freaking idiots are blaring it on the course. if it's blaring, unless i like it, i don't want to hear it. and even then someone else probably won't like it so despite the fact that we both like it . . . it's best to keep it down.

i don't mind it when people keep things to a reasonable volume.

and i like rap, dub, hip-hop (my personal favorite) whatever you want. sometimes as a joke i'd turn on NPR and listen to some smooth jazz while i was doing landscaping. the guys would look at me like "WTF is wrong with you?" and then go about their day and it was kinda funny, all the landscapers listening to cool jazz and symphonies. eventually it grows on you. i'm sure the homeowners got a kick out of it.

i don't want to hear your death metal on blast, though. that **** is distracting. there was some dude listening to a cover of an avril lavigne song, once . . . sung by a guy. that was distracting, but also hilarious because he was singing too.

I don't know if it's "annoying", but the sound I fear most on the course is a rattlesnake. I know I'm going to run into one someday. I'm always really careful when I venture off the fairway on courses like East Metro Park.

I just bought a small speaker to carry in my bag and have used it a few times. I'd rather have that than be rude and disconnect from the group by using headphones.

But I keep it down low ( barely hear it from 20 ft away ) and ask before starting the round. Is that acceptable to the music haters??

Played a round at Barber Park in Greensboro, NC a couple of years ago on a holiday. On the middle of hole 4, a black Muslim family had driven their hoopty van onto the middle of the hole and were blaring this awful Pakistani sounding pop music. That's probably the most annoying for me.

FTR I like bagpipes and perfectly fine with other discers playing music during a round. DGers tend to have decent taste in tunes in my experience, never heard someone blasting Nickelback or AC/DC while they play a round or anything.

Most annoying: Gunshots while I'm teeing off(I live in the south; it's common)

Favorite sound: UGA's girls crew team yelling "Stroke" repeatedly, and moaning as they row on by.

the point is not everyone at the park wants to listen to music so why should anyone blare it out of they're shi!tty sounding little speaker? i mean what gives you the right? if people cared more about other people and less concerned about "i got mine" this country would be much better off.

You want to know why golfers don't have to deal with music....BECAUSE THEY PAID LOTS OF MONEY NOT TOO! If you want to be away from music and other outside noise, be ok with paying to play. Otherwise, you're just whining.

This is a pretty difficult sentiment to argue with. Golf courses are on private land with strict codes of conduct. It's interesting to see some of the people who love to bash golf left and right wanting some of the same perks without paying for them. I'll freely admit that I enjoy not having to pay to play disc, but I'm ok with some of the inconveniences and difficulties that come along with that. Maybe I don't take it seriously enough... :rolleyes:

the point is not everyone at the park wants to listen to music so why should anyone blare it out of they're shi!tty sounding little speaker? i mean what gives you the right? if people cared more about other people and less concerned about "i got mine" this country would be much better off.
Ok, I get what you're saying, which is why I choose to practice the etiquette I described earlier. However, you kind of sound like a spoiled brat. What gives you the right to absolute silence? Are you on private property? Did you pay for exclusive use of the park, or pay to use it at all even? If we were all just a little more tolerant and self absorbed this country would also be much better off.

The icecream truck that parks in Solana canyon next to chavez ridge dgc, not only can you hear the music from almost the entire course, it also has this weird voice that says "Hello?!?" ever 30 seconds or so. :wall:

Oh man you have my sympathies. We have a ice cream truck that drives around the lake up at my cottage that plays that stupid "Hello". It drives me NUTS!!! It's like nails on a chalkboard. I cannot imagine playing a round while listening to that. I'd have to pick another course.

Some people are really closed minded. Go ahead and hate all the young "hippies", stoners and punks. The problem is that you'd probably consider me one if you met me, and I'll beat most of your up-tight asses on the course. You post on here all day and bitch about the hoodlums and probably have 850 ratings

Congrats on being a self proclaimed stoner punk (not criticizing, judging or what ever else, they were your words not mine). Enjoy winning at disc golf. It sounds like you've got the time to practice, and I'm envious. Meanwhile I'll enjoy winning at life, providing for my family, working towards a fulfilling retirement and enjoying the occasional casual round. To each their own. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Someone lit a cherry bomb or something in the middle of the course....

Packs of kids crowding up the course. I'm talking the 10 year old types. Nice to see them playing as long as I'm not there too.

Most annoying: Gunshots while I'm teeing off(I live in the south; it's common)

Favorite sound: UGA's girls crew team yelling "Stroke" repeatedly, and moaning as they row on by.

The girls rowing team doesn't bother me as much as the guys. Stupid coach has a megaphone shouting "STROKE!!". I mean, c'mon, they are in the same damn boat!!!

Some people are really closed minded. Go ahead and hate all the young "hippies", stoners and punks. The problem is that you'd probably consider me one if you met me, and I'll beat most of your up-tight asses on the course. You post on here all day and bitch about the hoodlums and probably have 850 ratings

Don't confuse the being a good player with being a good person.
I could care less if someone smokes, and long as they're courteous about it and worl with me so I don't have to breathe it. You might be a great person, and I might be a complete DB, but neieth has anything to do with our cosres/player ratings.

To this day, O.J's the only person who's ever rushed for 200 yards in 14 games... still a scumbag murderer.

More on topic - in a public park, you're sharing a facility with others, even if you'e club rented the course for a tiurney, there's no guarantee there's not a Civil War Re-enactment complete with real cannons in a nother section of the park. There's such a thing as being courteuous, but there's no guarantee. Even on a private course, a neighbor could be throwing a bg bash of a wedding or party that might be within earshot. Life doesn't always cater to any particular group's (or person's) needs.

Last edited: