• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

most embarrassing moment in disc golf?

at la mirada on the backside, i turned over my boss on the hole that plays long around the baseball fields. if you've played the hole, you know there is a parking lot on the right and if you're guessing where this is going I nailed a nice mustang.
Unfortunately, the owner and his buddy were also chatting right there where the disc scuffed his hood. That was the longest walk ever(I actually heard multiple groups playing nearby laughing and pointing). Guy was actually really cool, just said "dude you need to work on your slice." I said thanks for the tip and sulked away.

I was playing Crest Street park in K Falls, OR. it is a multi-use park with a picnic area that borders hole #1, and multiple others. if anyone else is using the park playing is pretty much impossible. one day we were playing and a group of some k falls thugs came and sat on the picnic tables right next to where we were teeing off. These are not your regular thugs, i grew up in klamath thinking all the gangster kids were kind of a joke, since we live in a hick town. turns out after i move away people actually start getting shot and stabbed by each other! a lot of these people i went to school with. anyway, back to the park; so we decided to go ahead and play since we were all comfortable enough not to stray since the hole is only 150 ft. well i go ahead and griplock a putter and absolutely smash it into the metal roof above the thug-boys. man not only was it embarrassing but then i thought i would have to work to get my disc back. but... the guys just stood there mean mugging the sh!t out of me as i walked up and threw my putter from there feet. i kind of muttered a sorry or two but i was so embarrassed i mostly just left as quick as i could.

I don't know why, but there is nothing that makes me laugh harder than people crapping themselves while trying to play a sport. Never happened to me, but i'm sure itll happen, prolly next time i go to highbridge way out in the woods with my nearest extra pants 1.5 hours away.

while we are on sh!t stories... my friend and i were playing the shasta course about a week ago. there is a great apple tree on the east course that is just ripening. my friend proceeds to eat about a healthy dozen of them in one sitting. about three holes later i had to stand around and wait for him as he had "apple sauce" (his words not mine) pouring out his ass, with no tp in site. i laughed so hard it hurt. while waiting i hunted around and found 3 discs all within 15 ft of each other in some manzanita. then my friend walks out and has 2 discs in his hand. wonder what he wiped with...

thank goodness I don't have in duece stories besides birdies but work has to be falling on throw off number one tee with solid amount of people watching. no rain no slick just a nice trip over my feet.

some of these stories are great other gross and other some wierd combo of the two

A few buddies and I played a short 9 hole course in LaPorte, CO that is on the grounds of a Junior High school. At the first tee is a large group of day campers ready to learn to play disc golf. They told us to play through and we all get up to drive. The hole is maybe 150 feet. In front of 15 middle school aged kids I shanked my drive about 40ft in to some nasty bashes. The camp leader made some sarcastic comment about my disc golf game. Kids and my biddies laughed. To top it all off I ended up getting a 4 on short short hole...

I have many other shanking off the tee stories while people are watching. No pooping stories though sorry.

I once shanked a brand new Z Avenger SS over an unclimbable rec center fence. The only way to the fenced in area (and my disc) was through the rec center. One of the back doors was open (with loud dance music blasting) so I knew if I could find my way through the rec center I could retrieve the disc. No one was at the front desk, so I hurried to the back of the building. I followed the music to find an aerobics class in progress. Not wanting to give up on the plastic, I dodged my way through the middle aged women with a sheepish look on my face, retrieved the Avenger and dodged my way back through the aerobics class and back out. My GF was laughing her ass of when I told her what I had to go through.

Back in April I was playing solo and teeing off on 16 at North Water Tower and just after my shot takes off I hear a loud WHOOOSH just above my head. I dropped down and looked up just in time to see the full wingspan of a hawk who is in hot pursuit of my Beast. He followed it for about 60 feet then flew off into the woods. I don't know if anyone saw my "duck & cover" but if they did I'm sure they got a big laugh out of it.

We're at Moody's Disc Golf Ranch near Bastrop, TX while on our annual Texas trip. One of our group heads to the porta-john that was between #2 and #3 and makes his only deuce of the round. He finally emerges, minus one sock, explaining that there was no toilet paper to be found.

I was playing a round with a bunch of my friends who are new to the game. I was teeing off and hit a low hanging tree branch less than ten feet away. Very embarrassing.

2-3 times over the years i have thrown a drive BEHIND me and the teebox..the most recent was about a year ago on a 420' shot that i have deuced. i was trying too hard and griplocked, and desperately tried to hold on to the disc only to have it come out of my hand at the last possible moment. throwing 2 and now the hole is 470'...haha

I missed two 10ft birdie putts in my last tournament. I still don't know what happened.:confused:

2-3 times over the years i have thrown a drive BEHIND me and the teebox..the most recent was about a year ago on a 420' shot that i have deuced. i was trying too hard and griplocked, and desperately tried to hold on to the disc only to have it come out of my hand at the last possible moment. throwing 2 and now the hole is 470'...haha

I have seen this before end up in a "black" ace. We took some girls who had never played before and one of them held it too long on the second tee and canned the first hole basket. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen.

ty huff..good to be back i guess?;)

OK, was that sarcasm? I'm reporting that to TimG, that's outta line. You are out of here mister. :D

I really can't think of anything that embarrassing I've done on the course, save for the occasional hit tree or worm burner. I think it's b/c my give a damn is busted.

I didn't see it but I heard one of the players fell in the water this year at Winthrop. I'm guessing hole 5 or 17.

I didn't see it but I heard one of the players fell in the water this year at Winthrop. I'm guessing hole 5 or 17.

A couple of guys I know were rooting around in the lake, didn't know they weren't allowed to, and got yelled at by a tourney official. That's called representing Castle Hayne right there. :D

Latest posts