• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most EXTREME course you've ever played?

Bucksnort is by far the most extreme course I've played. Awesome view, extreme elevation changes, giant rock formations, potential to lose discs off cliffs and or fall to your death... extreme!!

Sugaree was fun! …aaaaand a beat down
2017_06_19_15_49_23.jpg

SO FUN!

I played China Peak (twice) last weekend. It is rugged Western disc golf at its finest. It is long, it is hard and it is extreme. Just not sure I would say it is the "most" extreme course I have played.

Still on my 2017 schedule:

Diamond X, Montana
Sugaree, North Carolina

If it isn't the most extreme, given it's roughness, length, steepness, etc...then what is?

- Kincaid & Moose Pretzle (AK): extreme wildlife, like moose, bears, and the occational porcupine
- Hilltop (AK) & Maiko Ski Resort (Japan): extreme changes in elevation, views
- Buffalo Ridge (AZ): extreme environment, heat

Bucksnort is by far the most extreme course I've played. Awesome view, extreme elevation changes, giant rock formations, potential to lose discs off cliffs and or fall to your death... extreme!!

That's how I felt at Mont Du Lac, mostly on the White Cedar course though - only a few holes on Eagle's Peak were like that. Nothing super rocky, but super steep and deep dropoffs.

Same here! :hfive:

Driving cross country and should be playing it the morning of the 28th.

22nd here

I will be playing Diamond X on August 26 & 27th!:thmbup:

If you have a pair of ankle gaiters, I highly recommend bringing them for Diamond X right now.
We had tons of rain this spring so the grass grew very tall, but it's been dry the past month or two so most of it has died. The dry grass seeds will get into your socks and shoes/boots if you don't have gaiters to protect them. (Pants work OK, but that's not the best option during the August heat.) I have spent hours tweezering grass seeds out of my hiking boots, and just thrown socks away. How's that for extreme? ;)

I will probably be available to guide a round or two over the weekends, if anyone is interested. I work weekdays but might be able to squeeze in an evening round.

If you have a pair of ankle gaiters, I highly recommend bringing them for Diamond X right now.
We had tons of rain this spring so the grass grew very tall, but it's been dry the past month or two so most of it has died. The dry grass seeds will get into your socks and shoes/boots if you don't have gaiters to protect them. (Pants work OK, but that's not the best option during the August heat.) I have spent hours tweezering grass seeds out of my hiking boots, and just thrown socks away. How's that for extreme? ;)

I will probably be available to guide a round or two over the weekends, if anyone is interested. I work weekdays but might be able to squeeze in an evening round.

I have gaiters! Sent a PM.

I have gaiters! Sent a PM.

The Bot is a great guide to have for the X! Except last time I came back to town he didn't do me the same courtesy of telling me it was gaiter season :| Those socks went directly into the garbage after the round. Fortunately, he brings me my favorite IPA every time he travels over to Bozeman/Big Sky :winkykissemoji:

OH sure… play with other people but not me :|

Im not sure what the classification for extreme course is...

But BlackBear DGC in west portsmouth, ohio would qualify. Very wooded, tight lines, 7k feet, 300ft of elevation change from lowest to highest points.... no ski lift. It is leg day workout.

Yup. Diamond X for sure. The white 9 just gives me the heebie jeebies walking up it. Super cool course.

Maybe I have a different view for extreme now. Like if I fall here I'm going to need rescuing. I would bet hiking to the top of ski Santa Fe is no joke.

Latest posts