• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most holes in one day

NC group has an eight course tourney - Great8 - over a one day period in the Raleigh / Burlington NC area. Hope to try it someday.

hycard,

Hope you can do the Great 8 in 2009. My buddy and I were the co-founders in 1999. I've played it 10 times now, and in 2009 I plan to be the first 50 year old to do it. If an old goat like me can do it surely you can.

When is the Great 8? It sounds like a lot of fun. Probably only a pipe dream but I would love to play it.

Olorin,

Just wondering?

On your little picture of the basket on your posts and the disc flies in? Did you design that pic yourself? And if you did? Knowing what you think about par, why did you have it say par? Why not birdie? Or Eagle? Or ACE!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering?

Played over 100 a few times, but usually will play 4 or 5 rounds in a day if the weather permits. Man, I love being single.

As far as I can tell, the most holes I've played in one day since I started playing again was on Day 8 of the 2007 Tour de Rizbee. We played 84 holes on 6 different courses, driving 109 miles. We came pretty close a few weeks later on Day 20 of the Tour, playing at 80 holes at 7 different courses, along with driving 476 miles.

On that trip and previous TdR's we have played 60-70 holes on 5 or 6 courses covering 2-300 miles or more. Have course directory on the GPS, will travel!

Most I have done is 90, 5 rounds practicing for my first tourney 2 days later (Another 3 rounds). Played 4 rounds with Cubby. Nice guy, I think he played 8 or 9 rounds that day.

The Great 8 sounds cool, I assume it takes from dawn till dusk?

The Great 8

When is the Great 8? It sounds like a lot of fun. Probably only a pipe dream but I would love to play it.

Check out the Great 8. 144 holes on 8 NC courses in one day from dawn to dark.

The date varies but we shoot for the 2nd Sat in July.

Olorin,

Just wondering?

On your little picture [i.e.- avatar] of the basket on your posts and the disc flies in? Did you design that pic yourself? And if you did? Knowing what you think about par, why did you have it say par? Why not birdie? Or Eagle? Or ACE!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering?

I didn't design any of it. I appropriated the basket part from someone and another guy added the "Par" sign for me. It says "par" because the hole is a par 1! :D

I did do 108 a couple of times. I wonder what I could do if I really tried. The short chip and putts seems to be the best for these kinds of runs.

Most I have done is 90, 5 rounds practicing for my first tourney 2 days later (Another 3 rounds). Played 4 rounds with Cubby. Nice guy, I think he played 8 or 9 rounds that day.

The Great 8 sounds cool, I assume it takes from dawn till dusk?

Was Cubby videotaping? I would think this would slow him down considerably when he is. He always seems to have video running when he aces.

Was Cubby videotaping? I would think this would slow him down considerably when he is. He always seems to have video running when he aces.

No he didn't that day, he was just trying to get a lot of rounds in. I got my ugly mug up on his webblog with the couple of others that joined us here and there throughout the day. (He only had one ace that day, in the morning, before I joined up with him)

Olorin, Man the Great 8, that has to just be a blast!

Olorin, Man the Great 8, that has to just be a blast!

We had a gang come down from Newport News in 2008 with one of the Allison brothers. One guy was a 16 year old named Tyler who has a great game.

Come on down in 09!

74 holes in one day across four courses on the first day of my Denver trip.

188 holes across nine courses on the whole three day trip.

ERic

We had a gang come down from Newport News in 2008 with one of the Allison brothers. One guy was a 16 year old named Tyler who has a great game.

Come on down in 09!

Heh, ya Tyler is the first person Trais and I played with. Trais is summer discgolf partner, my Fiance's son, 14.

We'll see about 09 :)

I just did 72 yesterday. Do any of you guys have to change the way you attack the courses after fatigue sets in? I noticed that as I got more tired my ability to hit those narrow lines went down. I think I started to get sloppy.

Could be mental as well as physical. I often play 90 or more at one time and I don't see any real difference in my game. My last round is just as likely to be my best round as any other.

Several of us wanted to play the DesMoines courses so we headed out for a weekend this past September and played 109 holes in 2 days. Some nice courses, but not so much when it is windy.

Not even in the shadow of 20 courses in a single day. Geez!

Fademan

Latest posts