• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Most overstable Buzz

georgesummers

Bogey Member
I'm looking for a buzzz that for a 330-350 foot shot will go straight and fade out at the end. All the buzzzes I have love to go really straight at this distance. I have a buzzz is that I really like, but it's more of an overstable utility disc that goes hard left. I'm looking for a disc that fits between the two.

Has anyone thrown a sparkle buzzz? Also, I've been told that new glo buzzzes are pretty straight. Is that true?

If you're willing to try another mold the Verdict fits between the Buzzz and Buzzz OS. It would be a good choice at this range for this shot I think, it has glide rather than being true OS like the Buzzz OS.

If you're willing to try another mold the Verdict fits between the Buzzz and Buzzz OS. It would be a good choice at this range for this shot I think, it has glide rather than being true OS like the Buzzz OS.

The Hornet fits this description as well, and has a glidey fade. Only problem is that it's going OOP. But it's a great disc.

Sounds like your looking for a seasoned Wasp if that's not it go for a z glo buzzz

I have a Z Glo Buzzz, and it's not as overstable as my Ti Buzzzes. That may just be the particular Glo Buzzz I have, but if the OP can find a Ti Buzzz, it might be the one to try.

I have a Z Glo Buzzz, and it's not as overstable as my Ti Buzzzes. That may just be the particular Glo Buzzz I have, but if the OP can find a Ti Buzzz, it might be the one to try.

Possibly, my response is based on my limited experience. The most is buzzes I've thrown have been z glo. I've thrown a Ti but that one was also found by a friend and thrown by him so who knows what stage of wear it was in at that point, also I have a big Z that's very straight and my Z is more beef

Yeah I bought a big z buzz and it's also really straight. The only ti buzzzes I've thrown we're actually umderstable but they were also the first runs of the ti buzzes. Has anyone thrown a sparkle?

Completely unrelated: I bought an x Buzzz today and it's an out of the box hyzerflip anny flight machine. Never thrown a sparkle I heard the groove tops described as what you're looking for though, somewhere between a seasoned Z and a Buzzz os was the actual description.

Yeah I bought a big z buzz and it's also really straight. The only ti buzzzes I've thrown we're actually umderstable but they were also the first runs of the ti buzzes. Has anyone thrown a sparkle?

My current "overstable" Buzzz is a St. Jude Sparkle. It will flex out @ 350' of controlled power. Not from a hard anyhzer release, but thrown hard and flat. F. Howl has recommended the swirly ESPs as being on the more OS end of the mold spectrum. I have 2 on the way. SunKing has more. FWIW, shape trumps material. Flat, low profile Buzzzes will be faster/straighter. What you want is a Buzzz with a medium shoulder and flat top. Slightly slower with more observed fade.

I have a Ledgestone 2017 Cryztal Sparkle that seems pretty overstable, but lacks some of that Buzzz glidey goodness. I also don't think I've ever thrown a Buzzz 350', certainly not on a golf line, so maybe I'm not the arm you want advice from.

That said, my Big Z Buzzz is the one I have that resembles what you're talking about. Beefy without much (if any) turn, yet the glide is good, so it's one of my longest Buzzzes. It's the only Big Z I've thrown, but if you can find a similar one it would work for your shot.

i completely forgot i bought like 8 sparkle buzzes and they are sitting in a box somewhere haha

op just grab a z wasp and you wont have to do this innova type search

You could try a Buzzz OS or a Ti Buzz. The Ti Buzzz is probably your best option. Its beefier than a normal Buzzz and has the late fade you speak of.

Buzzz OS is a great complement to an OS buzzz; feels similar, but flies way OS will little glide.

On all the buzzz threads, the Z Glo is reported most consistently as OS. You hear someone mention they have a freakishly S/OS Ti buzzz or something here and there but Z Glo seems to be a good go to.

If you're willing to try a different mold, as mentioned a Verdict would be a good choice - the microbead is not enough to interfere or bug anyone used to gripping a buzzz, and they are very stable and do glide. I would think you'd want a less stable plastic like bio to get it closer to a stable buzzz off the shelf.

Finally, a Wasp is the clear choice if you are cool with a bead.

you will spend more time trying to find that specific flight when you could just season up a wasp or grab another mold from a diff company. i went through this for years with my buzzz's trying to be minimalistic but it didnt work and always took risks trying to buy a buzzz in that spot.

emac truth, verdict, warrior, wasp, gila, bard, rocx3, midari, md3

Heavy Z (regardless of Glow or FLX blend etc) is your best bet. However, Booter is right you should probably just use a different mold.

IDK, I know what OP is looking for - I disagree on the Verdict, in theory it should be slightly more OS buzz, but for me it had too much turn then a late fade or if you hyzer if - it would hyzer really hard, its too thin and throwing buzz lines weren't straight enough (for me, and based on 1 Opto Verdict 176g - it could have been a fluke, and honest, I really like the feel of the verdict and wanted to love it, so maybe there are others that are better HSS)

I WOULD agree that a Max weight Z Glow Buzzz is a good answer, but make sure the disc is more opaque than tanslucent.

I have a Z Glow that is almost see-through in the flight plate and its bendy ---- NOT as OS as you'd want. My other one that is more opaque in the flight plate feels firmer and flies GREAT, nice and stable with hyzer finish.

Buzzz OS is a great complement to an OS buzzz; feels similar, but flies way OS will little glide.

On all the buzzz threads, the Z Glo is reported most consistently as OS. You hear someone mention they have a freakishly S/OS Ti buzzz or something here and there but Z Glo seems to be a good go to.

If you're willing to try a different mold, as mentioned a Verdict would be a good choice - the microbead is not enough to interfere or bug anyone used to gripping a buzzz, and they are very stable and do glide. I would think you'd want a less stable plastic like bio to get it closer to a stable buzzz off the shelf.

Finally, a Wasp is the clear choice if you are cool with a bead.

I dislike the microbeads on the Truth and Verdict. The additional .2 mm added to the rims of those is what does it.

OP: I can push my max weight Tour Series Z's out to 350 with only needing the slightest hyzer, but would rather just disc up to a 6 or 7 speed with much more accuracy. Swirl ESP Buzzzes are on the OS side as well (I think the most OS Buzzz), then Ti. I've only owned 4 Glo, but I don't think there is any difference between it the stacks of Z I've owned.

Max weight should be plenty stable to get it out that far and hold straight (except in headwind.) You might be releasing with a slight anny? Here is Doss throwing a Glo with at least 350 ft of power given the incline on this hole (McBeth uses a speed 7 or 8, for reference): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuw8bXzPcHI&feature=youtu.be&t=20m44s

IDK, I know what OP is looking for - I disagree on the Verdict, in theory it should be slightly more OS buzz, but for me it had too much turn then a late fade or if you hyzer if - it would hyzer really hard, its too thin and throwing buzz lines weren't straight enough (for me, and based on 1 Opto Verdict 176g - it could have been a fluke, and honest, I really like the feel of the verdict and wanted to love it, so maybe there are others that are better HSS)

I WOULD agree that a Max weight Z Glow Buzzz is a good answer, but make sure the disc is more opaque than tanslucent.

I have a Z Glow that is almost see-through in the flight plate and its bendy ---- NOT as OS as you'd want. My other one that is more opaque in the flight plate feels firmer and flies GREAT, nice and stable with hyzer finish.

Good point! Less Glo material in the mix, less beefy flight plate, probably won't get a significant change in stability. Only opaque Glo Z I have by Discraft is the second runs of Doss's Tour Series Buzzzes, and they were good and stable to begin with.

you will spend more time trying to find that specific flight when you could just season up a wasp or grab another mold from a diff company. i went through this for years with my buzzz's trying to be minimalistic but it didnt work and always took risks trying to buy a buzzz in that spot.

emac truth, verdict, warrior, wasp, gila, bard, rocx3, midari, md3

What mid are you throwing now out of curiosity?

I tried glow MD3's and found them to be very similar to glow buzzes. Although I tried a 5502 MD3. I have not tried the luster MD3, which I believe are suppose to have more stability.

Latest posts