• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Polarizing Courses

Boyd Hill in Rock Hill, SC is another polarizing course. The reviews range from a 4.0 to a 1.5. Most people agree that the course is designed well for the most part but its location and the amount of litter on the course ruins what would be considered a great course.

Morningside

I would say a Course with a solid design that is in a bad area might fit the bill as well.

Thinking something like Sugaw Creek. That one might not be as polarizing but it is an example of something(being in the ghetto) that may make a course be polarizing.
Morningside in Knoxville comes to mind here. Great course located in a really bad neighborhood. There was a woman who was beaten & raped & left for dead at this park! It was disc golfers who found the woman the next day & alerted police.

In DFW the Crossroads of Life in Duncanville gets strong love hate reactions.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/revie...=&exp_min=&exp_max=&exp_played=&exp_reviewed=

Ratings range from one point five to five. I've only played it once and I would say it is challenging but not fun to me. There are a few fun holes where you can let her rip and watch the disc fly, but many fairways are so choked with trees that going all putter doesn't even help much. I saw Devan Owens get 5 on 180 foot hole 1 because the fairway is such a trick shot. There is a Dynamic Discs tournament there next weekend, and I am curious to see the scores and hear the opinions. The course record is supposedly 53. So I hope to see something happen. I think locals will have a big advantage though. And I expect some complaints from touring pros.

Last edited:
The Fun Farm outside Louisville, KY gets mixed reviews. It's been rated everything from 1.5 to 4.5, but I think that's mostly because due to maintenance and care taking issues.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-09 at Feb 9 | 10.56.24 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-02-09 at Feb 9 | 10.56.24 AM.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 7
The vines at Reed Park here in the central Michigan area. It's a challenging course with long holes and heavily wooded, low ceiling holes. Very tough and very fun. But not beginner friendly. Many new players who play it, especially in the summer months, lose discs and get discouraged easily. But even after just a little progress in play it is a really fun course that has plenty of opportunities to rip some drives as well as test your skills with blind approaches and tunnel shots on entire holes, anywhere from 180' to 270'