• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

so many of the holes at Harmony Bends are incredible golf holes. yes they are on a flood plain but it's great design with a sometimes significant drawback. if using a flood plain is a poor design choice, then building a course anywhere in the north where it snows is a poor design choice. it's basically saying that you'd rather a course not exist if the conditions aren't always playable.

Not playing in the snow. Tee hee. You silly billy.

However, I would like to point out that up north, most of us don't consider a course unplayable just because there's snow on it. ;)

Not playing in the snow. Tee hee. You silly billy.

and flooding didn't stop more than one person that i've read accounts from on here. strap on your waders play some aqua golf!

i played HB while it was snowing

When I played HB, most of the course soaked, and 10- 14 were under several inches water.

In other words, the COURSE CONDITIONS were horrible. Was I happy about that? Hell no. I freakin hate playing in wet conditions! My son and I played in over the calf rubber galoshes and carried my stool around just to have a dry place to put our bags.

But the course itself, as well as well as the disc play, were spectacular. For a course to be as enjoyable to play as it was... in those conditions? HELLuva course.

I distinguish between the two. That said, I can at least understand the perspective that considers how often the course is/isn't in decent shape in the ratings.

Being a visitor, I have no legitimate knowledge of how frequently that is. I'll leave it up to the locals to decide if the conditions are so bad, so often, that it warrants lower ratings than what it might deserve otherwise.

I don't go out there every day or anything, but I would say we get that kind of rain 3 times per year on average. It would make the course (all but :\) unplayable for 2-3 days each time. Just about anytime you play after a rain, you will have some marshiness on holes 1 and 2, and some puddles on 10-14. I'd still rather play that course than any of the other 3 in town when it is in that condition. The only course I've played that comes close for me is Rollin' Ridge. And I've played 7 of the current top 10, including Selah. I'm coming for you Blue Ribbon Pines! But I digress. It may be flooded 5-10 days per year and muddy more frequently than that, but the quality of the holes shines through any conditions in my opinion. Disagree? Come and play it.

Wasn't really sure where to put this but I know this thread gets views so I figured it would work. Apparently there is new contender for no1 course in the world...

Or maybe, a candidate for homer review of the year...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=9932&mode=rev

At least he made it clear that it was a homer review by using the course name as his screenname. Only one pic of the course, a google image w/ course map. That's probably because they didn't want you to see pics of the tennis/basketball courts, picnic shelters, playgrounds, backyards and whatever else you can see right next to the holes on the google maps view...:thmbup:

Almost forgot to mention, its listed at 24 holes 7000+ feet... but only 12 baskets...:|

Last edited:
Standing on tees 5, 8, 17, 20 is going to be epic.
Clearly best of the best for impact disc golf.
hole 5 is so awesome it happens again.

attachment.php

Wasn't really sure where to put this but I know this thread gets views so I figured it would work. Apparently there is new contender for no1 course in the world...

Attachments

• standing on tee 5, 8, 17 and 20.jpg
    standing on tee 5, 8, 17 and 20.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Standing on tees 5, 8, 17, 20 is going to be epic.
Clearly best of the best for impact disc golf.
hole 5 is so awesome it happens again.

attachment.php
I like how it plays over the walking path as many times as possible and am I seeing that basket on 12/24 right? It looks like its in a dry fountain or something...

In all seriousness, this is a classic example of trying to cram to many holes into one place. There looks to be space for a nice 9 hole course that would impact the rest of the park a lot less...

Last edited:
While y'all are cracking jokes on this place, I'll be sipping on an Arnold Palmer in the air-conditioned halfway house that's conveniently located directly next to holes 5 through 22. AND notice that there's no mention of seasonal flooding so it's easily better than Harmony Bends

Doesn't look like it has any real elevation either, which can also ruin a course.

Or maybe, a candidate for homer review of the year...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=9932&mode=rev

At least he made it clear that it was a homer review by using the course name as his screenname. Only one pic of the course, a google image w/ course map. That's probably because they didn't want you to see pics of the tennis/basketball courts, picnic shelters, playgrounds, backyards and whatever else you can see right next to the holes on the google maps view...:thmbup:

Almost forgot to mention, its listed at 24 holes 7000+ feet... but only 12 baskets...:|

Probably should have posted it in TimG can you just erase worthless reviews... but... *uckeyes :\

I might see if I can play this to day to see if it's really "as good as advertised." :|

:rolleyes:

Any of you guys in... that state up north;)… live close enough to give this place a real review?
Said like a true *uckeye... :sick:

Last edited:
Metro Detroit course knocks Harmony Bends from the top spot! :D

Well, not exactly. :|

Well... not at all. :(

The DG itself is reasonably fun and challenging. A bit too much non DG traffic. Has a fun 316 ft downhill ace run. Equipped with red Chainstars Pros... I'd have updated here, except I didn't see them listed as an option.:\

I don't think the 2nd set of tees really changes shots that much on some holes, and kinda creates more traffic. So when you're not waiting for pedestrian traffic to clear, you may be waiting for DG'ers. 2nd time around for black tees feels repetitive.

It has some safety issues, that make it impossible for responsible players to be aggressive on certain holes.

Probs a 2.5. plays like a 3.0, but shared use and safety concerns keep it from its full potential.

There were five very curious kids (accompanied by one of their fathers) doing wind sprints up and down the Ace Run hill. During my round, I let them each throw a disc from my bag, under the condition that they finish out the hole with me.

Asked the dad if they go there frequently, and he said "nearly every day." Now each of them has a putter. Who knows? Maybe a couple of them will get into it and actually enjoy the course, rather than just thinking it infringing on their activities.

Was I right about hole 12/24? Zooming in on the map, it looks like the basket is in a dry fountain...

Could have been at some time, but hard to tell what it was originally built for. Nothing's built up like the sides of a bowl, to hold water (or deny discs entry into the circle). It's just a keyhole shaped depression about 4" lower than the surrounding area, defined by concrete sections flush with the ground.

It basically screams, "Use me as an island green!" ... so that's what the designers did. Pretty easy from the short tee (I birdies), pretty tough from the long (circle 4).

I got up to Langley Pond and the IDGC on Sunday. Whoa…. All four of these courses are currently ranked in the top 100 on DGCR. (12, 49, 71, 98) The experience has completely altered my personal top ten. If you've ever thought about taking a trip to Augusta GA, plan for a couple days. There are so many more courses I wish I had time to hit. I played 72 holes of demanding disc golf, and this morning I felt like a pile of bricks had been dumped on me.

I got up to Langley Pond and the IDGC on Sunday. Whoa…. All four of these courses are currently ranked in the top 100 on DGCR. (12, 49, 71, 98) The experience has completely altered my personal top ten. If you've ever thought about taking a trip to Augusta GA, plan for a couple days. There are so many more courses I wish I had time to hit. I played 72 holes of demanding disc golf, and this morning I felt like a pile of bricks had been dumped on me.

All 4 in 1 day?